cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

visual vm not working...

Journeyman

visual vm not working...

I can see the voicemails and who they're from, but they all say "0.00" length and won't play. I got one 'can't connect to VM' message and then nothing.

This wasn't happening for the first week I had the phone...don't think I changed anything.

Can anyone suggest some troubleshooting?

All -

Can't seem to get the reply feature to work today, so I'll edit...

The power cycling did reset the connection and VM's come through. I also (after reading another thread) found that resetting network connections did the same thing - must be something keeping the phone from consistent VM Server connection.

17 REPLIES 17
Master

Re: visual vm not working...

We have to access your account to see provisioning and status

I will private message you - please see what my work hours are on my bio

You can also call 888-211-4727 from another phone

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

What happens if you dial your own number from the device?

This is an issue that we are currently investigating after the update on the iPhone.

Power cycle the device and wait a few minutes for the device to resync with the VVM server.

We are working to resolve this issue permanently.

Ray

Journeyman

Yeah this has been an issue ever since I updated to the new IOS.  I have to keep rebooting the phone, recycling the connection on the phone or calling from a landline.  Glad Sprint is working on it!  Hopefully they will fix ASAP!!

Journeyman

Both my wife and I have been unable to access our visual voicemails without rebooting the iphone 4S as well. Any idea as to when a fix will be released for this?

Master

We are aware of the issue and are working to get a fix implemented.  I do not have a date for when this fix will be released.

Journeyman

OK. I have had this issue for a long time. This has been going on for months. Here is what I have found out so far and a sprint tech support person confirmed it. Sprint iphones must have a PRL starting with 610 or 520. Sprint has sold some iphones that have the PRL starting with 510. How to check your PRL is by going to Settings>General>About>Carrier, Then Tap on carrier and it will switch to PRL. These phones will have issues with voicemail just as described in the above posts. Sprint's work around is to turn the phone off and back on and wait a few minutes to get your voice mail. Sprint has no estimated time on when they will fix the issue and as I said this issue has been going on for months for many people. Sprint will not change your phone like I think they should since they have sold me an expensive phone that does not work as it should. Basically no help in any ways. They just say " we are aware of this issue and working to fix it". For all I care it might never be fixed. I personally rely on voicemails for my work and get lots of them and so does my wife. We both have this issue and if we want it fixed I think the best bet is to buy new phones, switch carriers and pay for the early termination fee too. I think this is as wrong as it could be. I will try to bring this issue to attention in every blog and in every way possible.

Journeyman

I am having the exact same problem.  My visual vm had been working fine since I got the phone in October.  A few weeks ago, it no longer worked.  I can't recall if it occured at the same time as the iOS upgrade but that seems to be about the time.  My voicemail messages come through and I get a notification.  When I go to the visual vm screen, I can't play the messages and it registers 0:00.  I can call into my account and listen to my messages or ycle the phone off/on and they come back.  But very annoying.

I took the phone to my local Sprint store and they said it was a hardware issue.  I took it to Apple and they wiped the phone and reset it.  Still having the problem.  I just checked at the PRL is starting with 510. 

So who is to blame for this?  Sprint or Apple? Either way, this is completely unacceptable and should be fixed.

Journeyman

Some word from Sprint or Apple would be nice.  I have several users with this issue.

The best work around I have is to move the message to deleted items, and play it from there, or undelete it, and thenm play it.

The message still displays a length of 0:00 but will play after being moved to deleted items.

This is a little quicker than resetting the phone.

Journeyman

I had the same issue. I called Care, they reset my vm and issue was resolved in few minutes. I would suggest you to call Care. I was calling from my cell phone so C. Care rep called my office number to and left a message on my cell phone to make sure if it's working fine. She was with me all the time until the issue got resolved. Approx it took less than 10 minutes to resolve this issue. Kudos to Sprint Customre Care for doing a fantatic job.

Journeyman

Just echoing the comments made here - I am having issues with voicemail, and at least one other person I know is as well. I am hoping for a permanent fix soon!

Journeyman

FR786, is your VM still working?

rebooting the phone always brings it back for a short while, but it does not stay working.

I am glad you had a good experience with C. Care.

Based on your Post, with my Boss's phone in hand, I called them.  Worst.. Mistake.. Ever...

The Customer Care fellow I talked to has not heard of this obvious, but seemingly unacknowledged problem that has developed on Sprint/iPhone VM after the last iOS update.

After well over an hour, not only was it not fixed, but the visual voice disappeared completely.  Clicking the VM icon in the lower right corner of the phone dialpad screen just proceeded to PLACE A CALL to VM, rasther than display the visual voice app and list of messages.

This was more trouble for the user than when I began.

In frustration I took the phone to the Sprint store at 4901 Town Center Drive, Leawood, KS where the two young greeters knew of this problem.  (but customer care does not?)

They said that a fix is being worked on by Apple, and clearly layed the blame on Apple and there was nothing they could do.

So, I next went to an Apple store located nearby and found a sympathetic 'Genius'.

After a complete data-wipe, he got the VM app back, and it seemed to work.  I am not calling this success until I see it still working tomorrow.

The Apple tech advised me these two things:  he said that changing the users VM password is an almost reliable fix, and if not that then do a network reset.

I do not know if these are true, but because I have FIVE MORE USERS with the SAME PROBLEM, I am sure I will get to test this tomorrow.

I just hope I don't have to put another 4 or 5 hours into each of these troubled phones.

I will report back tomorrow on my success or frustration.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat