cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

visual voicemail AND calling my own number fail

Highlighted
Journeyman

visual voicemail AND calling my own number fail

have had my phone for about a month, and never got around to setting up my voicemail. went to put in my password and set a greeting, and it says "password error: password change failed." so i called my own phone number to set it up manually and it says "sorry, the voicemail is not available right now. please call again later. goodbye!" what the fudge? i turned my phone on and off and tried each of these things miltiple times...help!

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: visual voicemail AND calling my own number fail

Sorry for the inconvenience. I would suggest you to turn off Wi-Fi and update data profile on your phone(From the home screen, tap Phone. On the keypad, dial ##873283#, and then tap Call. Tap OK. The handset will search for profile updates and install them. When the update is complete, tap OK. Tap the Home button to return to the home screen).Tap on your phone icon on your phone-click contacts- make sure you have your correct phone number in there. Let me know.

Thanks

Abe

Journeyman

I have the same issue.  Tried several things including suggestion from Abe through Sprint helpline.  Still not working.  How did you get your voicemail working?  Thanks!

Journeyman

My LG Rumor Touch is doing the same thing with voicemail.  Getting the message "The voicemail is not available right now."  I have done all the trouble shooting with tech support and still not working.  I tried the number you have above but my phone said it is a lock code.

Please help with upgrading or turning my VM back on.

Thanks

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat