Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1st person to return iPhone 5

Journeyman

1st person to return iPhone 5

Just returned my iPhone 5 and they looked at me like I was crazy... It's just not for me. The thing I hated the most was the fact that even though it has a 4" screen all the apps I use still run on 3.5" screen for apple....YouTube, flixster, poker apps.. What's the point of a bigger screen if its not going to use it ??... Maybe I'm just used to android I not know.. Well I'm back to my gs2 and couldn't be happier 😄

15 REPLIES 15
Journeyman

You did the right thing happy for you.

Journeyman

did you preorder the phone? because i preordered mine and tried to do the same thing but the sprint coperate stores are telling me to send it back in the mail

Journeyman

I can't blame you really, but I would say I think you vastly overreacted as developers always lag a bit behind. I've had over 50 apps updated in the past 3 days with more to come from reading developer blogs and chats.

That said, best not to accept something until it is where you want it to be no matter the phone, brand, OS, or anything else.

Journeyman

Yes the first store told me the same thing that I had to mail it in because I pr ordered online. I then called support and they told me it was preferred for me to return it at a local store.  I then went to a different store and they were able to issue a refund.

Journeyman

Returning 2 64GB ASAP.  I only get 0.4 Mbps tops on their "premium data network " I'm paying for.  I'll go crawling batck to AT&T I guess.  At least I get about 3 Mbps unthrottled there.

Journeyman

same here i went to 2 stores and they where acting like i was crazy for returning the iphone sent by god himself, but i finally found one and the manager told me he was waiting for someone to return one because he thinks they suck so he knew exactly what to do. Got my galaxy 3 now and love it

Journeyman

I am returning mine also.  I love the phone itself, but the performance in Sprint's network is awful.  I know people with it on Verizon that are getting great performance, and I got much better performance on my Nexus S 4g with Sprint.  I paid arond $400 total for the phone with an extra $10 a month for premium data at the best I get is about 0.4Mbps with frequent "Cannot Activate Cellular Data Network" and GPRS data speeds instead of 3G.  I just can't justify that kind of money for that performance.

Journeyman

Well i just went to the apple store " grand central" and return my phone... i will wait until i see the upgrade option on the line then I will change  to att.. I don't care anymore about sprint.. the problem is not the phone is their network.. I had this beautiful piece of hardware that was running in their crappy network..

Journeyman

Activated my iphone 5 on 9/22, returned it to the sprint store today 10/4 (my 13th day). Hate to say that it is an awesome phone, but awful 3G data on it and toggling the cellular network on and off every hour will not do it for me. Will be getting an Galaxy S3 soon hopefully it doesnt have the 3G data problem like the iPhone 5.

Journeyman

It's not iPhone that has the issue, it seems to be Sprint's network. They can't seem to handle all the new subscribers that signed on to Sprint because of the iPhone 5. The 3G data speed has been abysmal for all the phones I've ran speed test on. I've ran speed test on S3, 4G Touch, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, EVO and all phones had horrible speeds. The problem with iPhone 5 is that once the phone detects bad data connection, it will automatically switch to 2G (circle icon) thus giving iPhone user's even worst speend

This is Sprint's network to blame, Not the phone itself.

Journeyman

I've had my GS3 just over a week now and absolutely no problem with 3G and 4G stays connected nearly all the time unlike the iPhone.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat