cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any point in upgrading to the iPhone 5?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Any point in upgrading to the iPhone 5?

I have an upgrade for Sprint and I really like the iPhone 5 but I just don't see the point in upgrading. Sprint doesn't offer LTE in my area and they don't have plans to offer it here for at least well into 2013 or after, if they even do offer it here. The 3G speeds are so slow that most of the iPhone features are useless. Siri never works, browsing the internet or using any data apps takes forever, using dictation never works, sending picture texts only works every once and awhile and video texts are completely out of the question. Not only are the 3G speeds comparable to dail up, Sprint does not offer simaltaneous voice/data use like AT&T and they will also not be offering the new HD voice feature of the iPhone 5.

I see no reason why I should stay with Sprint. Anyway else in this posistion?

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Any point in upgrading to the iPhone 5?

How do you know where they do offer LTE?

Journeyman

ask yourself this: How many times have you REALLY needed to talk on the phone/browse the internet at the same time? I could personally care less about simultaneous voice/data use.

Journeyman

Before I switched to Sprint, when the 4S came out, I was on AT&T and actually used the simultaneous voice/data quite a bit. It's not a make or break feature but it does come in handy. Also, the simultaneous voice/data is a minor complainted compared to the horribly slow data speeds.

Journeyman

The problems you described sound more Sprint related than iPhone 5.

Journeyman

If Sprint is not the carrier for you, then go with AT&T. The only advantage I see Sprint has over AT&T is unlimited data, which is only good if you have LTE in your area.

Why you should not get Sprint, it’s a scam

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat