cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppleCare+ ordered with iPhone 5... Do I have it?

Journeyman

AppleCare+ ordered with iPhone 5... Do I have it?

So I ordered the AppleCare for my phone....Sprint showed online that it was going to be delivered with my phone.

Got my phone yesterday, there was nothing regarding the AppleCare in the box.   Packing slip didn't show it either.

Does Sprint automatically set it up thru Apple?  Should I have received something yesterday, or might I be receiving something yet maybe thru the mail for it?

Those of you that ordered tha AppleCare, what has your experience been?

11 REPLIES 11
Journeyman

Re: AppleCare+ ordered with iPhone 5... Do I have it?

Yes you should have recv a email with your phone serial number and apple care

Journeyman

I have not received any email with the serial number and applecare.

I just checked on Apple's site, and it has not been registered.

I know Sprint and Apple have been extremely busy, and maybe it's just a delay due to all of that, but I want to make sure I actually get what I paid for.

Journeyman

I would call in within the time I was off the phone I had the email... FYI ... Are you having any LTE issues?

Journeyman

I ended up using the Chat feature, and she got it set up while I was online with her.  I have the email from Apple now as well.   (I don't live in an area with LTE, small town in Wisconsin....doesn't look good for a long time either!! LOL)

Thanks for your help!

Journeyman

I had the same issue. I had my first customer service experience with Sprint as a result. (New customer!) The assistant was able to help, she activated AppleCare at which point she told me it would show up on my next billing statement. This aggravated me a bit because I had already stated that I had paid for it on the same invoice as the phone. I guess she just didn't read that. I commented again, she said it was not going to be billed again at that point.

I'll be checking things closely next month.

On another note, it doesn't show up on my AppleID so I wrote Apple to ask that it be added/merged into my data. Hopefully that happens soon so I can feel a bit more confident.

Journeyman

AppleCare+  

Every iPhone or iPad comes with one year of hardware repair coverage and 90 days of telephone technical support. AppleCare+ extends your hardware repair and telephone technical support coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone or iPad1 and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage from handling coverage,2 each subject to a $49 service fee. 

If you are upgrading and already have our Total Equipment Protection service add-on, we'll remove it when you activate your device. AppleCare+ is not available for customers in Guam, Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands.

Journeyman

AppleCare+  

Every iPhone or iPad comes with one year of hardware repair coverage and 90 days of telephone technical support. AppleCare+ extends your hardware repair and telephone technical support coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone or iPad and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage from handling coverage, each subject to a $49 service fee. 

If you are upgrading and already have our Total Equipment Protection service add-on, we'll remove it when you activate your device. AppleCare+ is not available for customers in Guam, Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands.

Journeyman

AppleCare+  

Every iPhone or iPad comes with one year of hardware repair coverage and 90 days of telephone technical support. AppleCare+ extends your hardware repair and telephone technical support coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone or iPad and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage from handling coverage, each subject to a $49 service fee. 

Highlighted
Master

If you would like to send a private message with your Phone number and Pin or answer to the security question I will be happy to check to see if apple care plus is there.

Journeyman

I posted on Sept 22 that I got this resolved thru chat with Sprint online, but thanks for the offer to help.

Journeyman

That's interesting that you guys had trouble getting Apple Care+ Activated, I Activated my new Service with Sprint on Christmas Eve, 2012 and Apple Care+ is all ready showing up on both Sprint's and Apple's Websites.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat