Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Quality/Dropped Calls IPhone 5

Highlighted
Journeyman

Call Quality/Dropped Calls IPhone 5

Hello,

I wanted to know if my area was experiencing any network problems that would cause dropped calls/ poor quality calls. The individuals I call state that no voice can be heard instead a loud buzzing noise. Some times the call ends suddenly.

Zip Codes affected: 15102   15241

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Call Quality/Dropped Calls IPhone 5

Hey there MTL23,

I see your post and I would like to get more information from you, so that we can get this figured out. What phone are you currently using? Have you noticed anyone else having these concerns in these areas while on the Sprint network? Also, can I get the 2 nearest cross streets at both of those zip codes so I may get a closer look at your specific area? I am not showing any recently opened or closed tickets for either of those zip codes. We'll get this figured out.

Talk to you soon,

*Heather

Sprint Social Media Care

Journeyman

The device is an IPhone 5.

cross streets for 15102= Library Rd and Clifton Rd     also Braun Rd and Churchill Rd

Cross streets for 15241= Cook School Rd and Mcmillan Rd

I never had any buzzing issues with previous phone(blackberry). I've had people tell me that the buzzing is the only thing they can hear. In some cases, they can hear one or two words before loud buzzing/ phone ends the call. This has happened 3 times this week.

I checked both areas and there are no concerns with voice at either of those 3 locations. I checked all 5 towers near those 3 cross streets. Have you tried a power cycle on the device and updating PRL and profile recently? You can do this on an iPhone by holding the power button and the home key down till the Apple logo appears. Once, that is completed, then type ##UPDATE# on your dialpad and call. Let me know if that helps. If it doesn't, we'll try a few more things or get you over to a service and repair center to have the device looked at.

Talk to you shortly,

*Heather

Sprint Social Media Care

Journeyman

In 78063 could not dial sprint from phone -- *2,*3 or sprint from new sprint info listed on phone, only way to get sprint was through an operator dialing 0.  Today while talking to Mother from Texas to Washington state  she could not hear me and I could not hear her for 2 minutes.  Called to get a drop call but am put on hold.  Voice light is green and Data light Red.  Pnone has not been working correctly sice Nov 2011 and I finally got fed up with it in Feb.  Got new airwave but it hasn't made a difference in calls.  I have had sprint since 1999 and the service has always been great between San Antonio and Dallas up Hwy 281 to spur 220 to Hwy 67 to Dallas,  now I am lucky to complete a phone call without it dropping all audio both ways and cutting out while receiving or making the call from Lakehills, Texas in the hill country.  Sprint service  had always worked better than ATT or Virizon or even T-Mobile.  now it is intermittent.  What is the problem with Sprint?  It seems to be all across the country! 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat