cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send text messages to non-iPhone users!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can't send text messages to non-iPhone users!

Just got my new iPhone 5 last week and it's been great until this afternoon.  All of a sudden I can't send text messages to my friends who have phones other than the iPhone.  Has anyone else had this problem?  If so, was it resolved??

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Smokeyjack,

Thanks for your post. That certainly sounds frustrating. When you send the text message out, do you get an error code coming back to you? Let me know, thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same issue. I try to send a txt to non iphone user then I get an error message sent back to me that says "Message sent using an invalid number of digits. Please resend using 10 digit number or valid short code. Msg 2114"

Highlighted

sjweiler,

Thanks for your post. The error is commonly associated with how the contact is stored in the phone. Is the person whom you're receiving the error code from when texting set up in your phone as a seven digit or ten digit number? If it is set as a seven digit number, please delete the contact fully and re-add with the full ten digit number. Try sending the text message again and let me know if it works. Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dan,

i have the same issues. i  have called sprint 10 times in the past 2 months.  i bought the phone in late december and have traveled around the US and i cannot get internet, facebook, or anything.  i infrequently can text a non iphone user but have no luck texting them a picture.  at times i cant even text anyone on the iphone network.  this is obviously a wide spread problme because there are tons of threads on this message board about this issue.  i am paying for unlimited data that doesnt even work.  every time i talk to sprint they blame it on apple.  i have called apple support and they say its the sprint towers.  does anyone have an answer and is anyone getting any credit to thier bill for this? 

Highlighted

I have the same exact issue! And they can't seem to fix it! Obviously it's a problem!! 

Highlighted

Mindykotter,

Hello, I can see you were able to post in another forum. I will be responding there.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat