cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Get Mail - No Internet connection available

Highlighted
Patron

Cannot Get Mail - No Internet connection available

I set up Gmail account on the iphone 5. When the phone is not connected to Wi-Fi, then email application is giving me this message:  "Cannot Get Mail.   No Internet connection available."  

How can I by pass this error and get email to work...

I also have same situation with Hotmail account as well.

Thank you for your help.

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Cannot Get Mail - No Internet connection available

Can you access data features such as Safari, Facebook while connected to the 3G network?

Highlighted
Master

In the upper right corner of the device  does it says sprint 3g?  Can you use the browser on the phone when not connected to wifi?  Have you checked to see if the  cellular data is turned on ?

Highlighted
Patron

I do see "Sprint 3G" on the uppler left side with 3-4 verticle bars ....   I am able to browse/access websites as well without connected to wifi.  Also, the cellular data is turned on.

Highlighted
Patron

Yes, I can access safari, facebook, etc.

Highlighted
Wizard

Have you tried to remove and readd the email account?

Highlighted
Patron

Yes, I have tried to remove and re-add the email account. Same behavior occurs.

Highlighted
Wizard

Have you opened the task manager and closed the Mail application altogether? Double click home button, press and hold down on application and select the minus sign?

Highlighted
Patron

I rebooted the iphone 5 and it's now working.   I will try to see if this is issue re-surfaces....

Highlighted
Wizard

Glad it is working, let us know if we can further assist you.

Highlighted
Wizard

I started experiencing the same problem a few hours ago.  Despite being able to access websites via Safari and run the Speedtest app, I kept getting a "No Internet" message when running the mail app.  This was both with LTE and 3G.

I forced a shutdown of the mail app and when I restarted it, it was able to connect to the internet on 3G (I have to go outside for LTE).

Highlighted
Journeyman

There are two ways to fix this but both seem to be temporary fixes:

1. Hold power button and home button at the same time till the iphone shuts off. Then restart. This tends to work.

2. Call "##873283#" This will update your service. It takes a few minutes and should be done in an area where you have a strong cellular signal.

Like I said, both of these tend to be temporary fixes. Not sure how long it will last for each of you.

Rumor is that Sprint is aware of the problem and is going to fix it. Its a problem only with Sprint iPhones.

Hope this helps.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat