cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrier 13.1 update!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Carrier 13.1 update!

Go to settings, general, and about... Wait there for a while and the update will appear to be downloaded! I pray this fixes the terrible data/3G speeds but can't find anything online about what this update does... Someone please let me know! Btw after the update, my speeds are faster but I'm on vacation so I can't tell for sure if it fixed the problem or not

Tags (3)
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Carrier 13.1 update!

Didn't seem to do anything useful for data.  I had been averaging about .5-1 Mbps downloads.  After that update, it's right around .10 Mbps. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I applied the update and now I have no data service at all ... zilch ... none ... rebooted the phone, wiped all network settings, nothing.  Great.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This update did nothing to improve my data speeds 😕

Highlighted
Journeyman

the update UNLOCKED the personal hotspot

Highlighted
Journeyman

The update didn't unlock the hotspot, the hotspot is still locked unless you sub for it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The carrier update seems to have made my data speed slower. Anyone else experiencing this?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ping times seemed to have increased 2-3 fold.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well this is certainly unwelcome news.

If that's the case I'll suggest my friends hold off on this update.

FWIW, I've been running iOS 6.1 developer beta v.3 for a few days now. SMS and Data stability have improved dramatically - to the point of not getting any errors. Speeds will simply not improve because of a software update (data throughput is all on Sprint).

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had the update for 2 days because I did not know about it and to be honest the service is much better and is working fast now and things load like they should, and even apps like Instgram fully works now witch have not worked fully on all the other 5 devices I had before and even the 6th device witch I have now it never fully worked until this update but now it works every time and fast as well. So I can say this update was a huge improvement for my phones overall performance and I'm sorry you guys are still having problems with the device.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I see no difference my phone is still dropping calls even with 4 bars!

Highlighted
Journeyman

My phone shows I have ver. 13.0 I don't show an option to update to 13.1... Im not having problems with Data (knock on wood!) But am having trouble with dropping calls & calls going straight to VM (mostly just inside my house) Anyonw know if this update, (if I can get it), will help with cell reception?

"they" tell me its a tower issue, that it was being updated, than it was that the tower was being repaired, suddenly I had decent service for about 1 week than back no bars/service with no explaination.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat