cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed Customer

Highlighted
Journeyman

Disappointed Customer

Dear Sprint, (I have posted in another discussion board before this, but yes, you guessed it folks, Sprint hasn't been able to help me out for the past FOUR days)

My dad and my family have been loyal customers for ten years. We have always been satified with the services and help we have gotten from Sprint, until recently. Excited about my first smartphone, I preordered the iphone 5. It came in the mail just as planned and I rushed home with my dad to activate. I was sorely upset when the activation did not go through. Not to let my spirits down, my dad calls the help crew and they are still unable to figure out the problem. Okay, no problem, the screen was acting up so my dad goes in the next day to the Apple store while I'm at work to trade it in and activate it. The nice Apple guy talks to a Sprint rep who tells him "Yes, the iphone is activated." My dad and the Apple worker believe this Sprint guy, big mistake there, and my dad comes home. Turns out, my new iphone is NOT activated and my old Samsung Seek is still my working device. My dad calls Sprint back and asks "What's the deal? I was just at the Apple store and you told me this iphone was good to go." The first Sprint rep puts my dad on hold FOREVER then finally says "I can't help you with this. I need to transfer you to Tech." Again, my dad holds. (Note: This is all happening on my parent's anniversary.) First tech rep can't figure out what's going on and won't give us an answer but is more than happy to send us to her supervisor. Supervisor doesn't help either. Can't figure out what's going on, apparently has never seen this error before, I doubt it, and AGAIN won't give me dad any definitive answer as to why this is happening. The Sprint supervisor creates a "clickit ticket" (so to any Sprint rep that reads this, yes, I've already had two tickets made for my problem without resolution) and we are left to wait another 24-48hrs for a response from another department only then to wait another 24hrs for the problem to actually be fixed, if they actually can do that. At this point, I'm surprised my dad is still dealing with this but he's still willing to give Sprint a shot. No luck there. Sprint calls my dad and talks to him for 3 hours on Sunday, "trying" to find out what the problem is. Now, it's my SIM card. It's not matching the iphone. That's bull because the SIM card says SPRINT on in, and in my ihpone the carrier is listed at "Sprint." My dad, through some miracle, goes back to the Apple store after working all day on Monday to trade in the SIM. No surprise here, STILL THE IPHONE 5 DOES NOT ACTIVATE. Error. Error. Apple talks to Sprint again and Sprint tells my dad and the great Apple service rep, "Oh. It's not the phone, it's the account. There's some lockup on it. We'll figure it out." UNBELIEVABLE. Now, most of you might be thinking "Why the hell hasn't your dad just given up?" He doesn't give up, especially when it comes to his daughters. My twin sister bought an iphone5 same day, got the order same day as well. NO PROBLEM. And now, they're having a mess of a time even trying to discover the prob;em with mine? I seriously don't get it. My dad tried one more time tonight. NOW, Sprint is telling my dad, "The SIM card isn't matching anything in our system."

So all this time, you mean to tell me, that the problem is... YOU DON'T HAVE THE REPLACEMENT IPHONE NUMBERS IN YOUR SYSTEM??? And even though I paid early, preordered exactly like I was supposed to, I'm left with a phone that doesn't work as a phone, and if I still want it, I'm going to have to wait another 3 weeks until you can get your stuff together and in your system?? This is outrageous. Sprint, you should have prepared better. Because now, you have lost the trust, faith and service of a very loyal family and advocates for your company. Needless to say, when someone asks me what I think of Sprint, this disappointment is going to stick out.

At this point, I'm not even sure I'm looking for help anymore from Sprint. I don't even think they can give it, which is sad to say because I don't like speaking ill of anyone, but I feel people have a right to know. My dad has dedicated a lot of his time to this because he loves me. He knows how excited I was to get my first smartphone and an awesome one at that. Or so I thought (Not Apple's fault here). After my dad got off the phone tonight, he sat, tired and frustrated at the entire situation, as he ate his dinner. I gave him a huge hug and Sprint customers, do you know what he said to me? "Nicole, I'm sorry." Dad, you have nothing to be sorry for. I love you.

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Disappointed Customer

same garbage happend to my wife and i!  both new iphone 5's!!!  i had to go to two different sprint stores to finally get them activated.  complete crap!  then when you try to return, they lie even more and try to hit you with a restocking fee, which only applies when you are doing an exchange.  whatever you decide, stand your ground and don't put up with it.  you shouldn't have to go through that.  just try to document as much as you can.  i try to get on the online chat just for that purpose.

http://www.sprint.com/landings/returns/

Journeyman

Ugh thats not cool! HOw did the Sprint store finally resolve your problem?

Journeyman

they just kept trying online, and it finally let them associate all the right numbers together.  no lie, i asked the guy, "so, could you see in your system what the problem was?"  he looks at me, hand me my phone and says, "it's fixed."  that's it!!!  hahahaha!  i just said thanks, grabbed the phone and walked out...only to find the service was terrible.  not sure what the point of getting everything connected when you can't use it.  anyways, if you decide to cancel, you get stuck with the activation fee of $35 per phone, but then you get the refund for the phones.  you also have to pay for service/time used, which i am still trying to fight considering all the troubles when the phone was "working".   honestly, and it sucks because i am a long time customer too, the best thing to do is sever ties with sprint and move on.  of course verizon won't be shipping the phones for a couple more weeks, maybe three, so in the meantime, we are getting prepaid drug lord phones from walmart till we get the new ones   it sucks the big one, but it's temporary.

Sprint Employee

Hello all, we may be dealing with more than one subject here. First of all we usually refer to a phone as activated on our side when the serial number of said phone is in place in our billing system, this should/usually in turn send the same serial number to our network elements. Recently, in the past few years activate has been used more often and more widely to refer to a phone completing the programming process. Initially upon the iPhone 5 release some serial numbers were not available in our system, therefor could not be associated to an account. This problem was corrected shortly after being discovered, and I believe this is what you had gone through.

No longer working Community Response.
Sprint Employee

Hello NOLEE18, I would like to look into this for you, please send me a private message.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

So RC1024, are you going to fix the other several hundred jacked up iPhones? You talk like this is THE problem. Well, no. No it's not. I've done all that. Done the troubleshooting. Talked to Care. Still no fix. Then the fact that Care closes before midnight? I went back to my 4s. I think I'll trade this 5 paperweight in at AT&T for something better.

Journeyman

Husband purchased Iphone in jan, I purchased one in Feb.  I was an Iphone AT&T customer for 3 1/2 years - NO PROBLEMS!  I work from my phone - Sprint service 3G doesn't support Iphone 5, nothing but problems.  Everytime I make a call it's mute on the other end.  Need to make same call 3 times.  Also already dealt with no data transmission on the phone - no email , won't send pics all come back "failure" message.  Terrible 3G service on Iphone.  Called multiple times and tried to cancel servcie but was told it would be $350 because I waited more than 14 days?!  I actually went back into the store & called within 14 days.  Finally, after 4 hours in 2 days on the phone with customer service, got the phone working but now it doens't again.

Have been a Sprint customer for 15 years.  Currently have 3 iphones on our bill - $200 per month and it doesn't work!  Very unhappy consumer!!  Unbelievable!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat