Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I enable wifi hotspot -faster-?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

How can I enable wifi hotspot -faster-?

I've used "Personal Hotspot" off and on for a few years, works great.  Some things that have always puzzled me:

• How to shorten the lag between signing up for the $20/mo Wifi Hotspot at Sprint.com and seeing it available on my iPhone as an option?  Sometimes it's pretty instantaneous, other times I have already had to leave the place I needed it to be connected before it shows.  Is there anything I can do to shorten the gap?  Maybe toggled Airplane mode (so it has to scan again), restart the phone..?
  • Once enabled, what are the circumstances under which my macbook will actually see and connect to the iPhone personal hotspot?  Many times I I (feel I) have to toggle the Personal Hotspot on or off, toggle Airport on or off, restart either computer or iPhone or both before eventually seeing the device on the computer.

Thanks!

And thanks Sprint for offering this killer feature!  I don't like that it's actually a "pay-to-uncripple" my device's capabilities feature, but the once every three-five months I do need to connect, it's been a real boon.  Since we are paying for it, I sure wish it were a more fluid experience.

-Bronius

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: How can I enable wifi hotspot -faster-?

photoblogger

We are glad to know you feel satisfy with our Hotspot services. You can either try to turn on and off Airplane mode or you can also do an update profile. Please, try these steps to do an update profile: 

1. From the home screen, tap Phone 

2. On the keypad, dial ##873283# and tap the Call button.

3. Tap OK. (The device will search for profile updates and install them).

4. Tap OK.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

photoblogger

We are glad to know you feel satisfy with our Hotspot services. You can either try to turn on and off Airplane mode or you can also do an update profile. Please, try these steps to do an update profile: 

1. From the home screen, tap Phone 

2. On the keypad, dial ##873283# and tap the Call button.

3. Tap OK. (The device will search for profile updates and install them).

4. Tap OK.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Excellent! Updating profile by dialing ##873283# did the trick for m! Thank you.

Oddly, I am getting only 3Mb down but 7Mb up!  Unrelated.. Thanks again Jeffrey.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat