cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am angry about iPhone 5

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am angry about iPhone 5

My iPhone 5 is struck on search what can I do?

5 REPLIES 5
Master

Notpatient, Thanks for reaching out! And to verify, the device is stuck in the search mode? Have you tried power cycling the device? Let me know the status!

Thanks, Justin Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes and nothing works it has been this way since last night

Highlighted
Journeyman

It is still searching, I can't make or receive calls get on internet nothing now if I am not correct if I fail to pay my bill you would disconnect my service now my contract ends soon and I have been a faithful customer I have had this phone almost 2 years .

Highlighted
Wizard

Try this first:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1430

Then this:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3281

If none of that works, take it to an Apple Store.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi,

I just experienced the never-ending searching on 5/26 and wanted to share some advice.

I traveled out of the cellular network on 5/25 and turned off my phone.  The phone was turned back when I returned to an area where the phone previously connected to the network n 5/26.  When the phone began searching for the network I performed the recommended trouble shooting steps, power on/off, reset network, took it to the Spring store, etc than to the Apple store.  No connection success.  Although the phone could connect via wi-fi and everything else worked fine the phone would not connect to the cellular network and phone and internet service was not available.  I asked  the Apple Genius Bar if their efforts would still allow me to update my phone via the backup information on the icloud.  The answer was yes.  However after all their efforts my phone was returned to me and can only be used as a paperweight.  The phone is USELESS, locked in the set up menu and is continues to search for a network.  The phone cannot access my contact or search via wi-fi. 

DO NOT ATTEMPT A FACTORY RESET or let Apple attempt removing/adding your device to existing cellular service unless your phone is under warranty or you are prepared to purchase a new phone.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat