cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to give my iphone5 unlock.

Highlighted
Patron

I need to give my iphone5 unlock.

Hello, I was in the United States of America sprint purchase the full price of iphone5, black 16G., but now I live in China. It is not able to use Chinese SIM card .I travel to the United States when bought SPRINT Iphone5. The salesman told me it is no lock . But back to China, cannot use the SIM card to call and send text messages. I hope you help me. My sprint account is wenxiaohu0224 .

Help me .     I need you help .

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Master

Re: I need to give my iphone5 unlock.

Hello and welcome to the Sprint Communities.  You may find the information you are looking for in the following forum.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/485414#485414

Tom Deaver

Social Care ~ Sprint.com Communities

Available ~ Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just spent 40 minutes waiting for a supervisor before my call was disconnected and I did not receive a callback even though I had just given the supervisor my cell number and the cell number I was calling about (OK, I started with tech who sent me to the International Department where I had to provide all of my account information and PIN again, then the international tech first told me the iPhone 5 does not have a sim slot and then, a few minutes after I corrected her, she told me if I use a paperclip I should be able to remove the sim card, then I asked for a supervisor).

This supervisor said Sprint could send a request to Apple to unlock my son's iPhone 5 so he can use it with a local SIM card in Southeast Asia IF AND ONLY IF this specific phone had been activated on the account for at least 90 days. (It doesn't matter that I have had an account in good standing with Sprint for a decade, it has to be this device.) Fortunately, I bought these the day they launched.

IF you meet the 90 day criterion, your account is in good standing, and you are REALLY, REALLY PATIENT, it can be unlocked.

Now for round 2...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just spent 40 minutes waiting for a supervisor before my call was disconnected and I did not receive a callback even though I had just given the supervisor my cell number and the cell number I was calling about (OK, I started with tech who sent me to the International Department where I had to provide all of my account information and PIN again, then the international tech first told me the iPhone 5 does not have a sim slot and then, a few minutes after I corrected her, she told me if I use a paperclip I should be able to remove the sim card, then I asked for a supervisor).

This supervisor said Sprint could send a request to Apple to unlock my son's iPhone 5 so he can use it with a local SIM card in Southeast Asia IF AND ONLY IF this specific phone had been activated on the account for at least 90 days. (It doesn't matter that I have had an account in good standing with Sprint for a decade, it has to be this device.) Fortunately, I bought these the day they launched.

IF you meet the 90 day criterion, your account is in good standing, and you are REALLY, REALLY PATIENT, it can be unlocked.

Now for round 2...

Is anyone else getting this mesage, "An error occurred while trying to submit your post. Please try again."

Highlighted
Journeyman

Now for round 2...

Is anyone else getting this mesage, "An error occurred while trying to submit your post. Please try again."

Highlighted
Journeyman

Now for round 2...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just spent another 40 minutes BUT it appears to have been SUCCESSFUL!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just spent another 40 minutes BUT it appears to have been SUCCESSFUL!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat