Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I phone 4 stuck in search mode all day

Highlighted
Journeyman

I phone 4 stuck in search mode all day

Hello

My iPhone 4 suddenly went into search mode and wont enter into service. I can call out but there is no sound/mic capabilities, my time is wrong as well. How can I fix this. Does this have to do with my iPhone or the network?

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: I phone 4 stuck in search mode all day

tried power cycling/ calling ##UPDATE# and neither worked

Master

acroda12,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Has the SIM card been removed recently from the device? Have you tried changing it over to Airplane mode and then back again to let it reconnect back to the network.

Alex
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have tried turning on airplane mode/back off and it didn't help. I wasn't aware this phone had a removable SIM card. How would I take that out? My daughters phone is acting strange as well. Is there a network problem in the area, 94803?

Master

acroda12

Thanks for posting the zip code. I see that there are two outages and I'd like to check to see if you are indeed affected by an outage. What are your cross streets, please?

- Robin W
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat