cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone 5 No Service

Highlighted
Journeyman

IPhone 5 No Service

IPhone 5 No Service It Says Searching Whats Happening ?

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted

KG40-

Thanks for posting your concern as well! I checked out the area and we're experiencing an issue with blocked calls. I would suggest power-cycling your handset every now and again in order to receive optimal services and you can also dial out to ##UPDATE# in order to refresh your data profile and PRL. Our network engineers are actively working on a fix. The actual network ticket was opened yesterday. I don't have an ETR as of yet, but feel free to check in with me.

Regards,

William

Highlighted

jjtlSprint-

Thanks for the response. I checked the area and I'm not seeing an outage in the area, however keep me posted and let me know how you make out. If you hit a dead end, we'll get this addressed further for you.

Regards,

William

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks

I just tried another CS call and it goes to searching (it shows Bars(up and down) Sprint O). the call souds like connected (i can hear some background noise) but it ends.

Two more fails while I'm typing.

One more with the background noise (like whispers)

now i got the "wellcome to Sprint" greeting and didn't try any thing on the phone.

This thing needs a "call trace" or "Lab check".  Lab check in a controled enviroment is better.

please, also communicate this issue to the phone Customer Service, the agents are not aware of this issue, they only know about 3G-4G issues (so far the ones I talked to)

thanks,

JJTL

Highlighted

jjtlSprint-

Do you know of anyone else within your area experiencing the same issue?

Thanks for the update!

-William

Highlighted
Journeyman

My coworkers have another phones (HTC), while they talk on the phone i try to make calls or see the status of the phone and I get the searching status and drop calls if i get connected (while they are in long conference calls).

One person said he has the phone and not getting any problem but that was me two weeks ago or so.

I just try another call and it didn't work, it dropped, no whisper this time

a second call and it says "calling for a minute" and i had to end it.

one more call and ended by itself.

i thought it was the device, but i see other discussions with the same issue and they tried different devices but the problem continued, that's why i was asking if they got to a resolution.

my phone is in searching now.

Thanks,

Highlighted
Journeyman

I drove around and tested the phone and network.

First: Rockaway Mall, Route 15 and I-80 New Jersey,experienced the same problems and i connected to the system only one time, failed the others with multiple results but a call.

Second: Dover NJ intersection of Blackwell St. and Sussex St (next to what I believe is one of your installations with multiple carriers), I had all bars up, I did one call and the only one in 45 minutes trying, you could see all the failures in my records when I called your CS number.

Third: I couldn't make any call from Dover NJ to I-80 until i got to the exit ramp to Route 15.  i did multiple good calls until I got closer to the intersection of Edison Rd. and Route 15. where I believe you have a real issue with your tower.

I'm back home I can't make a call.

In all the failure calls I tried of the tricks, Airplane mode, ##update# which failed under your tower site, powercycle, blah blah blah.

So far I believe a real communication company has a department doing this type of tests or Drive testing.  Please, contact them if you have one.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I called the customer service this morning because my phone stoped working, it was showing searching or no service all the time.  They tried something and I turned the phone off and back on. I told the agent that I had problems in many locations and she told me they have problems in all areas I told her in all tower next to me or they were updating something in the network (she wanted me to fool around more time without service).  I asked if I could get the phone into a sprint store to check it. The agent said yes and gave me few locations. The true is that Sprint stores wouldn't touch an Apple Iphone 5 so I went to an Apple store, got an appointment, waited for an hour, they checked the phone, did same things I did before, they tried to get me just showing the bars and Sprint sign but they couldn't. They accepted that there was someting wrong with the unit and got a new one.I was told to not get out of the store until the phone gets connected to the Sprint Network.  i had my charger with me so I could charge the new phone and wait the necessary  time to confirm if the device was working and accepted by the Sprint network.

Highlighted
Journeyman

jjtlsprint,

What version of IOS are you running on the replacement iphone?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have an Iphone 5 and I just updated my software.  Now, the phone can not connect to the network.  I have no service on the top leftside of the screen.  I tried power cycle, soft/hard reset and nothing works.  I also tried ##873283#.  When I dialed ##873283#, the screen would not change to dial screen when I press call button.  My zip code 99518.  My husband phone works fine with sprint.  What can I do?   

Highlighted
Journeyman

Susana.Wong,

This sounds very frustrating! I want to help get this all squared away. I looked tried to look into the area code 99518 but it is telling me this is invalid? Is this your correct zip code? Also, have you visited a service and repair store so that they can take a look at your device and determine if there are any device issues? Let me know I want to help you get to the bottom of this.

*Jazmine

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi,

Apple's good service and phone replacement is limited to if your phone is under warranty.

I just experienced the never-ending searching and wanted to share some advice.

I traveled out of the cellular network and turned off my phone.  The phone was turned back on when I returned to an area where the phone previously connected to the network.  When the phone began searching for the network I performed the recommended trouble shooting steps, power on/off, reset network, took it to the Spring store, etc than to the Apple store.  No connection success.  Although the phone could connect via wi-fi and everything else worked fine the phone would not connect to the cellular network and phone and internet service was not available.  I asked  the Apple Genius Bar if their efforts would still allow me to update my phone via the backup information on the icloud.  The answer was yes.  However after all their efforts my phone was returned to me and can only be used as a paperweight.  The phone is USELESS, locked in the set up menu and is continues to search for a network.  The phone cannot access my contact or search via wi-fi. 

DO NOT ATTEMPT A FACTORY RESET or Let Apple attempt removing/adding your device to existing cellular service unless your phone is under warranty or you are prepared to purchase a new phone.

Highlighted
Master

Dear JST6USTEPH,

Thank you for your post. I am so sorry that this has happened to you. Have you contacted Sprint technical support regarding this matter? When they did the hard reset on the phone, did it attempt to activate over the area?

Annmarie
Sprint Social Care Team
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat