cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone 5 No Service

Highlighted
Journeyman

IPhone 5 No Service

IPhone 5 No Service It Says Searching Whats Happening ?

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted

junior_1323,

Heyhey! Sorry to hear that you're experiencing an issue with your iPhone 5. Have you tried power-cycling your device to see if that corrects the issue?

-William

Highlighted
Journeyman

im having the same issue right now as well ?

Highlighted
Wizard

alexisxochicale

We're here to help you, as well. Have you updated your iPhone since you noticed the issue? If not, dial ##873283# and tap call to begin the update. Please let us know if you've noticed any significant changes.

Ruth E

Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

It went back to no service again and I repeated to call ##873283# and it said searching... And then no service what do I do?

Highlighted
Wizard

alexisxochicale

Thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps. We appreciate the opportunity to help you thru this. Do you see "EXTENDED" on your phone? Also, what's your zip code and cross streets? We'll take a look at what's going on in your service area.

Ruth E

Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

It pops up once an a while , 94608 45th and essex st

Highlighted
Journeyman

hi,

I have the same issue on my phone, in three different areas. i believe it's related to the Iphone 5 connection to the network, internal software or bad upgrade because i didn't have any problem for about two months or it was less often.

Please, let me know if you got a way to solve this.

Thanks,

Highlighted

alexisxochicale-

Thanks for the response! I reviewed the area and am not seeing any immediate issues. Try this, go into your settings menu and activate Airplane mode. As soon as it activates, go ahead and deactivate it. Let me know if you're able to establish a connection. It may also be best to power-cycle your device first.

Let me know how you make out.

Thanks!

William

Highlighted

jjtlSprint-

Thanks for expressing your concerns as well! Would it be possible for you to provide me with the zipcode and cross streets to the impacted areas? I'd like to review the network first to eliminate an issue from the network side.

Thanks,

William

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

SuperWilliamD

I'm also having trouble making out-going and receiving in-coming calls on my iPhone 5 (Sprint Network). This issue just started yesterday. I press call/talk and it sits there saying "calling mobile." Eventually it says "call failed." We've tried power-cycling our phones. No luck. I think its limited to just the area of my house (zip 66226; intersection Highway K-7 and 55th Street). Because my wife's phone (iPhone 4) does the same thing at our house, but when she goes shopping (approximatley 5-10 miles away) she is able to make phone calls (incoming & outgoing).

Any thoughts?

Highlighted
Journeyman

thank you William,

I tried what you said. It got connected to 3 calls to your customer service (CS), after I did, the calls were about 5seconds, then I disconnected.

But usually i get connected after many tries or after doing the update/power cycle, so it doesn't mean anything at this moment.

I'll see how it behaves during the day with real calls.

I just try another CS call and got connected.

About my cross street, ravine road and Skyline Dr. in Lake Hopatcong NJ.  I called before to your customer service, they said there was a problem close by but they told me the same 2 weeks ago, plus i get the same behavoir of the phone in other two areas that i tested and/or had problems with.  During the last call with CS, the agent called me during the call from another number and I afer that i called her to that number without issue, but after we disconneted the problem started again and last night I couldn't make any call.

i just did another call to your CS and it got connected for a minute.

The problems I usually have are:

send message failed warning.

phone searching for coverage and not getting it for a long time.

after dialing a call with the phone showing coverage goes to search and after that the phone:

tries to connect without connection then I have to end the call or it ends itself.

connects but it drops after few seconds or minutes after the call

connects but it gets interrupted by a continues tone and drops or I have to end the conversation.

people gets connected to my voicemail when i know the coverage where i'm is good and other users are ok.

people gets to my voicemail after I called them and they couldn't answer (multiple tries)

I just try another call and it was ok (5 seconds then i ended it)

i see how it goes during the day and let you know,

Thanks,

JJTL

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat