cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Use

Journeyman

International Use

Hey i have a contract with sprint and i have the iphone 5 and was wondering i am going to Dominican Republic for 3 weeks and i want to use my iphone over there is it possible?

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: International Use

you should be able to make sure you get the one where you get charged 5.99 a month plus whatever you talk, becuase they will prorate that 5.99 and the cost per minute is significantly reduced.

Master

Just call International Support 1-888-226-7212 and ask them to unlock your phone, and you can use it with a local SIM so you will not pay an arm and a leg to talk. In my experience, it is much cheaper for me to use a local SIM card when I travel to Europe.

Keep in mind, in order for them to unlock your phone, you should have the account in good standing and no Spending limit restriction in your account.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Master

pimentel031622,

Thank you for your post.  Sprint has set up a department that is dedicated to supporting international travel and any issues that you may need to address prior, during and after your trip.  You may chat with them at 

http://tinyurl.com/7at34cd.  Enjoy your trip!

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat