cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International travel

Highlighted
Journeyman

International travel

What should I do if I'm going to Europe and planning to take my phone. Will I be charged even if I turn off roaming?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Wizard

If you want to avoid any charges (voice and data), place your phone in Airplane Mode before takeoff and don’t take it out of that mode until you land back home.  Also, make certain to turn OFF Cellular Data and Voice & Data Roaming, just in case you accidentally take it out of Airplane Mode.

You can still use WiFi for internet, email, FaceTime calling (audio or audio and video), iMessage and non-cellular texting apps.  Airplane Mode disables the GPS on iPhones (last I checked), so if you want to use the GPS (like for photo geotagging), make sure cellular data and voice and data roaming are disabled before taking the phone out of Airplane Mode.

If you plan to use voice, you should either look into a Sprint Worldwide plan (discount plan) or get an international unlock and procure a SIM and plan from a provider in the foreign location.  Buying data from Sprint is prohibitive (crazy expensive, last I checked).

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks. I'll use viber to talk and text

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat