cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM/SIM Failure Message

Highlighted
Journeyman

Invalid SIM/SIM Failure Message

I updated to iOS 6.0.1 and approximately ~30 minutes after updating, I recieved the SIM failure message.

I reset to factory defaults from within iTunes and then restored with no luck (the error message came back after ~ 40minutes).

Thanks for any help - I am sure there are others experiencing this problem.

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: Invalid SIM/SIM Failure Message

Just updated today and experiencing the same thing!

Journeyman

Mine has been doing the same thing after I updated today as well.  No luck with restoring.  I haven an appointment at the Apple Store later, hopefully they can tell me what's up.  It also started throwing up a black screen saying SIM card has locked.

Journeyman

How did you guys updated? I updated through over the air and I'm reading that may be the cause. I'm reading a new sim card may be the fix. Ask for a new sim when you go to apple. I'm going there today after work...

Journeyman

As stated in my original post, I updated over iTunes which would imply over a hard line and a PC. It was a hard wired connection too from the computer to modem.

I can reset the network settings and get 30 to 45 minutes of usage before I get another SIM card failure as well.

Unfortunately the closest apple store is close to 3 hours away so i am going to try my luck at a sprint store after work today first, though I honestly don't know if they will just turn me away or not.

Journeyman

Looks like the problem isn't whether you update through itunes or over the air..... seems to be the ios and the sim card not being compatiable. Good luck and report to us when you go to Sprint. I'll update after I go to the Apple store.

Journeyman

After about 2 hours in the Apple store I ended up leaving with a new phone. First they restored my phone, again. Then gave me a new SIM card. The new card worked for about 3 minutes and just as they handed my phone back to me it came back with the SIM failure message. Good luck to everyone else who's having the same problem. Make sure you have a recent backup in case you end up leaving with a new phone. Also, taking a screen shot of the SIM fail message helps you go along way without the tech thinking you're crazy when they can't replicate the problem.

Journeyman

Here is the deal all after you update. Go to Sprint or Apple ask for a new SIM card. After that call Sprint and get it activated. Then they will reset your phone from their end. Then they will tell you to reset all settings by going to General>Settings>Reset>Reset all settings. Please do so with them on the phone. Call from another phone also, Sprint rocks. They are aware and are working with Apple for future updates to eliminate this problem. Also try to update from a PC not Over the Air 🙂 God Bless all.

Journeyman

went to apple store and they issued me a new phone on 6.0

i took the phone home and updated to newest firmware BUT i took the sim card out during the process. waited for it to finish then popped the card back in. so far no issues!

Journeyman

Keep an eye on it. If it should come back please follow the directions I left. Let me know how it goes and I'm wishing well for you 🙂 God Bless.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat