Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM/SIM Failure Message?

Journeyman

Invalid SIM/SIM Failure Message?

So currently my iphone 5 isn't activated yet. I don't know whether this has to do with the iphone keep showing the message "Invalid SIM" or "SIM Failure". Is anyone having this issue? I had my phone exchanged at Apple yesterday because of an issue with the previous phone, I'm using the same SIM card I was using on my previous iphone that I received from Sprint (On Friday).

I've tried restarting the phone, the Airplane mode trick, as well as taking the sim card out and re-inserting it. the message always comes back.

I'm been dealing with this iphone activation thing for the entire weekend and I'm really sick of it.

29 REPLIES 29
Journeyman

If anybody had an issue with the iOS 6.0.1 update and are getting the sim failure and invalid sim message,

1. Go to the Apple Store and get a new sim card b/c your old one is corrupted

2. Once you get the new sim go to the Sprint Store and have them update the CCID or else it wont work and you will keep getting the same messages

3. If the person there doesn't do it or doesn't want to do it get someone else to help you. They are being LAZY. This happened to me at two different stores.

the first store the guy just inserts the sim card and hands me the phone, after I go back with the same message to the  place some other guy pops the sim           card out and put back in. Now I go to another store and they said they cant help and that I need to go to the apple store to get a new phone. I call Sprint     Customer Service and they couldnt help me, So I call Apple Care and they said I need to get a new phone. I told the lady I dont think this is a hardware issue

it's a software issue. So finally I go to a third Sprint Store they guy there actually takes his time to look at the issue and finds that the CCID on my phone is          not matching with my account, he updates my info and havent had a problem yet!!

4. Make them do this correctly and be pushy to have them do their job correctly.

Wizard

The issue with the invalid SIM has been address. Is anyone still having the problem after the troubleshooting steps?

Journeyman

No problem so far.

Wizard

Wonderful, glad to hear it.

Journeyman

This issue is still happening.  Had my iPhone 5 replaced today at an Apple Store.  Minutes after walking out I looked down at my phone and noticed an error bubble reading "SIM failure."  Turned around and went back to the Apple Store and they told me to go to the Sprint Store right down the row.  Upon getting to Sprint I hand dude my phone and he just looks at me funny.  I told him what happened and he restarted my phone.  Of course the phone starts working again so I didn't think much of it, just figured it was a config glitch since it was a new phone.  WRONG.  I get back to my office and the error is back.  I have been in and out of customer chat all afternoon trying to get this issue resolved.  Each representative did something different and assured me my phone would be fixed, but the error just keeps coming back after a few minutes.  I just got out of chat with a "tech" and he says that he can see what the problem is (whatever that means) and to do a reset and then reload my data from iCloud.  He says he is 100% positive this will fix the issue and will call me tomorrow to verify, but after reading all of these forum posts I really have my doubts.  I am going to try the restore/reset this evening when I get home from work and will follow up with what happens.  One last thing, a lot of people are saying that it happened to them once they updated to 6.0.1 or 6.1, but this phone came installed with 6.1.  It's kind of upsetting that all it takes is a quick Google/Twitter search to see that a ton of people are having this issue, yet Sprint doesn't seem to have any kind of gameplan to resolve this issue.  Just seems like they are taking shots in the dark.  I am really hoping that the tech dude knows what he is talking about and a restore will resolve my issue, but I am not holding my breath.

Journeyman

Apparently sprint can't get their [inappropriate word removed] straight because I soon as I updated to iOS 10.0.1 my SIM card is failing. BS because it 2016 and they still having the Sam issues from 4 years ago.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat