cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5 service Problems?

Journeyman

Iphone 5 service Problems?

Well I received my 32GB Iphone 5 on 9/21 at 3pm ET and ever since then I have been having problems with the service. I live in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area and between 2 countys I am getting 1 bar with data speeds slower than edge speed or full bars or 1 or 2 bars missing with a circle for the data speed and it cuts off a lot between 3G and the circle (no data) a lot, and because of that Imessage is not working right so I can't see when someone types messages to me or reads my messages, Siri keeps messing up a lot because of data speeds and it keeps getting disconnected, reminders cannot remind me of any reminders via location, and Facebook and Instagram always seem to load way slower then edge speeds. I had called sprint a few times about this and they cannot seem to help me out on the phone and for no reason once some rep put me on hold for about 7 minutes for what he said was to look up more info about the problem, but without notice he transferred me to a supervisor witch I was on the phone with less than 2 minutes and we hung up and got nowhere, then another time I was transferred to another department and I had to repeat my story as I did to the 1st rep just for them not to know anything and we hung up and all I did was go in the circles. I am starting to get fed up because basically I am getting no help with my phone and it is not working and in the state the phone/service is in the phone is pretty much unless. Is any one else in Florida and any where else in the United States havinf problems like mine or any service problems at all let me know please. Also, I would like an answer on what to do to fix this asap? please and thanks before I end up loosing it with sprint.

279 REPLIES 279
Highlighted
Journeyman

I live in Chicago il and I'm experiencing the same issues.  There was a point that flipboard wouldn't even load and drained my battery in the 30 mins I left it open to update.  This is crazy!  My iPhone 4S had a better connection.  I'm not sure that I will stay with sprint if the phone doesn't get better. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Be mindful of your return deadline. I had the 4s for 6 days. It could get better, it could stay the same or get worse. But I couldn't imaging sticking around for 2 years to find out. The 3g the 4s "ran" on was slower than my providers 2g. And I wasn't going use my wifi to make it better. I mean wasn't that what I was paying Sprint for? So remember your 14 days. I don't know how the LTE or 3g is in your area, or if improvements are coming soon. When I called they told me there was nothing wrong with the towers near me..so?? Glad I left when I could (new customer) Go read the "4s on 3g to slow to be useful" thread. I know the phones are different, but it may help make up your mind. I would've went with another provider, or do so before its too late.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Honestly, if these issues are not resolved within a few days, i'm going back to an andriod phone. I have never had these problem with any other phone for the 10 years that i've had sprint service. I can't even reply to a facebook message without losing service.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I too am in Chicago and my data and service are terrible at the moment.  Something is wrong on sprints end.  Apps take 20 minutes to download over 3G for a 1mb file!  Additionally, everywhere I go in my house, the reception cuts in and out.  10 minutes before I activated my iPhone 5, I was on the Evo and it was flawless.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here. In fact I still have my evo sitting next to me so this has to be fixed soon or i'm either switching to a new provider or going back to an android phone

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the iPhone 4S and have had horrible data speeds since I came to Sprint in February... and that's on top of being charged and extra $10 for "premium data".

I have my phone hooked up to wifi all the time, it works great (of course!).  However their coverage map shows my area should be like FULLY available... so I don't get it...

I'm basically just waiting out my contract so I can go to Verizon, everyone else in my area that has them has excellent service, so I know what I would/should be getting.

I will admit, it depends on your area.  I was in Las Vegas a few weekends ago, and all I had was the regular data, since I used my wifi passcode from the hotel for my laptop.  Admittedly, it worked amazing.  I've never seen that kind of speed, internet pages loaded like gangbusters, apps worked perfectly, it was like a completely different phone service.  And all this while bebopping around the strip, in and out of hotels... very impressive... if only it were that way everywhere...

But yeah, given what I know now, I would've gone with someone else from the get go.  The service is not that great...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think it may have to do with everyone using iPhones updating to iOS6 or re-downloading all their apps on their new iPhones or all the Sprint over the air activations bogging down the network...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same issues and I live in south Florida also. Terrible service since I have activated the phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I, too, have been experiencing some awful problems with my iPhone service. The data cuts out constantly and is incredibly slow where it should be flying. Hooked up to wifi, it is fine, but as you said, that isn't what I'm paying monthly for.

In places I've always had perfect service, such as my apartment or work, I constantly have "the white circle of disappointment" that I have once again lost all connectivity. What makes it even worse is my roommate with a Verizon iPhone that already has LTE whereas I can't even get the "dependable 3G".

I'm obsessed with my first iPhone, and I absolutely love it. This having no service thing though? Really raining on my parade! Has anyone called customer service and received an answer, or even a positive update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ditto from San Francisco bay area in California. Before iPhone 5, we were using a really old phone - the HTC Touch Pro 2. Data was slower on the HTC Touch Pro 2 but still usable. iPhone 5 data is not usable at all. What's going on? I already talked to two different reps on the phone today but they were of no help at all.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The network seems to be junk, can't handle the user load or something.  I came from AT&T and will be going back to AT&T Monday.  I am only getting 0.2 to 0.4 Mbps at any given time between 9 am to around 11 PM, after 11 i have got 1 Mbps twice, thats all.  SPrint service is just not worth it, at all, and to have them charge me for "premium data services"?  WHAT?  .4 Mbps is premium?  Bye bye Sprint.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat