cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5 service Problems?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Iphone 5 service Problems?

Well I received my 32GB Iphone 5 on 9/21 at 3pm ET and ever since then I have been having problems with the service. I live in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area and between 2 countys I am getting 1 bar with data speeds slower than edge speed or full bars or 1 or 2 bars missing with a circle for the data speed and it cuts off a lot between 3G and the circle (no data) a lot, and because of that Imessage is not working right so I can't see when someone types messages to me or reads my messages, Siri keeps messing up a lot because of data speeds and it keeps getting disconnected, reminders cannot remind me of any reminders via location, and Facebook and Instagram always seem to load way slower then edge speeds. I had called sprint a few times about this and they cannot seem to help me out on the phone and for no reason once some rep put me on hold for about 7 minutes for what he said was to look up more info about the problem, but without notice he transferred me to a supervisor witch I was on the phone with less than 2 minutes and we hung up and got nowhere, then another time I was transferred to another department and I had to repeat my story as I did to the 1st rep just for them not to know anything and we hung up and all I did was go in the circles. I am starting to get fed up because basically I am getting no help with my phone and it is not working and in the state the phone/service is in the phone is pretty much unless. Is any one else in Florida and any where else in the United States havinf problems like mine or any service problems at all let me know please. Also, I would like an answer on what to do to fix this asap? please and thanks before I end up loosing it with sprint.

279 REPLIES 279
Highlighted
Journeyman

I already knew about the LTE upgrade, but do u honestly think Sprint's 4G LTE is going to be What they promised in terms of data speed?

Highlighted
Journeyman

no.  that's kind of the big joke about offering unlimited data.  kind of hard to take advantage of when you either can't connect or connect at speeds slower than 1995!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yep I'm starting to see that it's a joke(at least 3G), but I just hope LTE lives up to its hype and is fast as they clame it will be, because the start of the LTE where I'm at is going to start in beta stage in November, so I can wait a month and one week(Assuming it starts on the first of November)

Highlighted
Wizard

Lydiaf11 wrote:

This is a response I received earlier from a representative or moderator (whatever...) explaining why the service is so slow, and when I can expect it to get better.  This was posted by the user 3020fjr2

FYI I am not a Sprint representatice nor a moderator. That is also not an official Sprint responce but the information provided has been anounce by Sprint. I am just a normal Sprint Costumer that just keeps inform of what is happening in the wireless industry.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here in San Francisco with a new iPhone 5. Im definitley experiencing the same problems. Did a speed comparison with my gf's sprint iPhone 4S and hers is definitely faster. Sh*t mine don't even work majority of the time. The only way I can get it to work is to reset my phone every time, but if I got more than half the block it retreats to its old self, which is F*ing slow until I reset it again. This is after calling sprint and updating the profile, master reset, and having the network reset it directly. I'm going to try to get a new phone from apple, wish me luck.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Don't waste your time getting a new phone, I already got two new replacement phones directly from the Apple store And the same things exactly keeps happening With each of the Replacement phones I get. By the way the Apple geniuses each time replaced my phone without no question though

Highlighted
Wizard

Hi Lydiaf11,

Only users with the Sprint logo under their display name are Sprint employees.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just updated my prl and my service is better now.  I'll post up how it's coming along as I float around town. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just tried an experiment. Every time I would try to do an ##update# it would fail. so I removed the Sim card and  to tried the  ##update# and it worked successfully. The phone seems to be staying on 3G with no problem might now.  I live in Northern Virginia just outside of Washington DC.

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do you update the PRL?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just tried taking out my sim card And when I took it out it said no Sim card available. So I guess taking out the sim card only works for you

Highlighted
Journeyman

I updated it by going to the dial panel and dialing ##update#. As for saying no Sim card mine also says no Sim card but the phone still works. I've had my Sim card out for the last two hours and I've been driving all over the northern Virginia area Which I'm sure my phone has switched to multiple towers and I've had no problems. If this continues to work  for a few more hours I think I'm going to call Sprint and let them know.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat