cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5 service Problems?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Iphone 5 service Problems?

Well I received my 32GB Iphone 5 on 9/21 at 3pm ET and ever since then I have been having problems with the service. I live in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area and between 2 countys I am getting 1 bar with data speeds slower than edge speed or full bars or 1 or 2 bars missing with a circle for the data speed and it cuts off a lot between 3G and the circle (no data) a lot, and because of that Imessage is not working right so I can't see when someone types messages to me or reads my messages, Siri keeps messing up a lot because of data speeds and it keeps getting disconnected, reminders cannot remind me of any reminders via location, and Facebook and Instagram always seem to load way slower then edge speeds. I had called sprint a few times about this and they cannot seem to help me out on the phone and for no reason once some rep put me on hold for about 7 minutes for what he said was to look up more info about the problem, but without notice he transferred me to a supervisor witch I was on the phone with less than 2 minutes and we hung up and got nowhere, then another time I was transferred to another department and I had to repeat my story as I did to the 1st rep just for them not to know anything and we hung up and all I did was go in the circles. I am starting to get fed up because basically I am getting no help with my phone and it is not working and in the state the phone/service is in the phone is pretty much unless. Is any one else in Florida and any where else in the United States havinf problems like mine or any service problems at all let me know please. Also, I would like an answer on what to do to fix this asap? please and thanks before I end up loosing it with sprint.

279 REPLIES 279
Highlighted
Journeyman

LOLLLL im just remembering their lame commercial... saying how ATT Restricts your unlimted internet.. and it shows the sprint phone breaking through all of those charts... jesus christ... this SH1TTYYY service couldnt get past the begining to even start lifting off... atleast ATT restricted lines were still faster on its slowest day...

biggest mistake... im hoping verizon gets a shippment in for iphones 5 before my 14 days is up... i cant stand this company... i got tricked with that unlimted....

i hope sprint goes bankrupt already... so they can stop tricking people saying they got this and that... god.... i wont stop posting bad things about this company till i leave it... i dont know who would rank these people in anything... JD POWER is some bullsh** MOFOS....

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is ridiculous, 5 days I've been trying to fix this and I'm already on my third iPhone 5. The same things exactly keep happening to each device And Sprint is treating me like a piece of shit And keeps telling me to cancel my service because they tried everything they could including a ticket and nothing seems to be working. By the way I called Sprint today and I spoke to Sprint and they told me my last resort is to contact Apple again or cancel my service so I did contact Apple and I spoke to senior adviser over at Apple and the first thing he told me that it was only Sprint's fault and he called over to Sprint and spoke to them directly for them just to put me back on the phone with sprint again and get a dead end. I am so fed up that I actually filed a complaint with the FCC already.

Highlighted
Journeyman

After 2 sprint iPhone 5's, I gave up. Went with Verizon yesterday and finally feel like I actually have a real next gen phone. If you give sprint back your original phone they will waive your cancellation fee. Yeah I got only 2gb of data, but its data I could actually use. Good luck, and F U Sprint. G out for good.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow this is crazy, the service is so bad right now I just seen it for the 1st time go from Wi-Fi(NOT 3G) to the "o"(no data) and back to my Wi-Fi signal and my Wi-Fi is full strength

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having all of the exact same problems as everyone else.  I thought it was just me actually.  But yeah, the data service is pretty bad.  Many many issues.  For started, my phone won't send picture messages when attaching from the mail app or online.  It sends double texts, never opens up email unless it's in WiFi - but NEVER EVER opens when in 3G.  Many times, data connection is a circle.  In fact, it's slower - way slower in fact - than my previous 1st generation white EVO 4G HTC phone.  And that phone was OLD and literally falling apart when I bought the iPhone 5.  The iPhone 5 or Sprint's inadequate service for the iPhone 5 is performing rather disappointingly.  Pretty sure I'm gonna have to return this sucker soon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same problem here .. did the update, took the sim card out,  did everything.. went to the store the guy didn’t new anything u had to show him the usage page with the 3g usage to 0 he send me to the apple store.. ..I’m tire of sprint.. i will return my phone tomorrow 4 years I think now with sprint… first phone blackberry .. then nexus s  .. what’s the deal with the

Most of those test were in front of the sprint store on 42 and 6 NY

Att here we come.. i check my usage and i can get the 5 gig share plan for the same i pay here for "unlimited" for my 3 units,,,

image (1).pngimage.pngUntitled.png

Highlighted
Journeyman

after speaking with three people and on the phone for 45 minutes, i have cancelled my sprint service.  sending back 3 new iphone 5's with all the same issue as everybody else is having.  full refund on all phones.  had to eat the activation fee. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

My new Verizon iPhone 5. I luv it. I had the exact same problem as everybody and after 2 phones, I decided to jump ship. The transfer was very easy and if you have a 4 or 4s you could potential waive your cancellation fee. Apple didn't charge me for 2 sprint iPhone 5 swaps. Sprint LTE is not compatible with the iPhone 5. Shame on Sprint for not telling people and playing stupid.

Highlighted
Journeyman

After hours and days of dealing with Sprint reps and an exchange at the Apple store, I too have jumped ship. Verizon it is. Sprint's network is its own worst enemy. This thread, and several others like it, speak for themselves. Sprint executives would be wise to follow these when so as to avoid the shock that will occur when their stocks plummet.

DON'T wait until the 14 days are up. Jump ship while you can. It WON'T get better.

Highlighted
Journeyman

so did you buy from an apple store?  if not, where?  having a hard time finding any in stock...thanks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was so fed up with Sprint I actually re-activated my old 3GS on my previous carrier (AT&T) and ordered the 5 through Verizon. Once that gets in, we'll jump over from AT&T to Verizon.  AT&T won't let us have two different area codes on a family plan and after looking at our data usage, we never go over 2G/month so the price with Verizon will be comparable. We are on wi-fi all day at home and work so the "unlimited" data thing isn't as attractive as Sprint may like to think. It certainly isn't "unlimited" when you can never even connect to the network!

Highlighted
Journeyman

And that you had to "eat" the activation fee is bullshit. Point out that their failure to provide the service, as promised, is a material breach of their contract with you and you'd be more than happy to take them to small claims court over it. I'll bet they'll waive it then. I got full refund.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat