cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5 service Problems?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Iphone 5 service Problems?

Well I received my 32GB Iphone 5 on 9/21 at 3pm ET and ever since then I have been having problems with the service. I live in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area and between 2 countys I am getting 1 bar with data speeds slower than edge speed or full bars or 1 or 2 bars missing with a circle for the data speed and it cuts off a lot between 3G and the circle (no data) a lot, and because of that Imessage is not working right so I can't see when someone types messages to me or reads my messages, Siri keeps messing up a lot because of data speeds and it keeps getting disconnected, reminders cannot remind me of any reminders via location, and Facebook and Instagram always seem to load way slower then edge speeds. I had called sprint a few times about this and they cannot seem to help me out on the phone and for no reason once some rep put me on hold for about 7 minutes for what he said was to look up more info about the problem, but without notice he transferred me to a supervisor witch I was on the phone with less than 2 minutes and we hung up and got nowhere, then another time I was transferred to another department and I had to repeat my story as I did to the 1st rep just for them not to know anything and we hung up and all I did was go in the circles. I am starting to get fed up because basically I am getting no help with my phone and it is not working and in the state the phone/service is in the phone is pretty much unless. Is any one else in Florida and any where else in the United States havinf problems like mine or any service problems at all let me know please. Also, I would like an answer on what to do to fix this asap? please and thanks before I end up loosing it with sprint.

279 REPLIES 279
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same problems is NY(10010). I have been told there is a tower issue that will be resolved on Oct 2nd. Maybe we all need to start a case with the better business bureau and then maybe Sprint will take us seriously

Highlighted
Journeyman

My account is completely screwed up. I went back to the Apple store (3rd time since Thursday).  The Apple Employee took my phone went into the back for around 40 minutes and comes out and says the same thing I have heard each other time -- the phone is in 'partial activation status', Sprint says it is going to be 'swtiched over' to my account probably by the end of "Today" (sunday).  I asked for a department or name of a person at sprint I could correspond with on this matter. The tech still with Sprint on the line I think asked and he got the regular customer service # and told me that I should just reference my phone number.

Meanwhile ---  I got an email from Sprint today saying that I 'exceeded' my data allowance for the current billing cycle (I have been on the unlimited, simply everything plan since I have been a customer for the past 2+ years) and under my account profile it shows that I have a Samsung Epic 4G -- I never owned any such phone.

I did ask Sprint for some type of credit, the rep said she could only give a max of $15 but I should write a letter to the correspondence address printed on my bill if I wanted to dispute the charges.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i jumped ship days ago, and listen to this sh!t!  so i had been with sprint forever, upgrade two phones to iphone 5's and added an iphone 5 to the existing plan.  so three iphone 5's with all the same sh!t as everybody.  so, i cancel and they say they are sending the return package.  guess what comes in the mail?  a box with a pre-paid ups bubble wrap bag!!!!  i'm supposed to ship three iphone 5's back in a bubble wrap back and expect them to NOT get damaged?!?!?!?  what a freakin' joke!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I already did a written complaint and a verbal complaint with the FCC about 4 days ago and they said within 48 hours I will get a reply back from the FCC for the verbal complaint either by phone or email and that they have to let Sprint know and they have to give me a written reply back from Sprint and it has been way over 48 hours and still no answer. Tomorrow in the AM I am going to call the FCC and find out about it. As far as the written complaint also with the FCC I had to pay over $100 to file it witch I did and so far nothing. To Be Honest I'm going contact a civil layer and file a lawsuit agenst Sprint if they do not fix this ASAP. I just hope it is not part of there network vision and is going to be done befor 2014 because they should fix this problem to let us use the phone right untill they deploy LTE(if LTE really works faster and better as they clam it will do). I thnk a group of us Sprint customers from around the USA should file one lawsuit and take it to court and fight it. But, if they do not fix this by this thursday or give me a real time table and a real answer of when they are going to fix it in writing other then by 2014 with there network vision then I'm filing the lawsuit

Highlighted
Journeyman

The FCC?? good luck with that..

I am going to make sure I make my complaint known on every major social media site as well as send  a written letter to the Sprint Executive office..

The FCC & "Better Business Bureau" are jokes similar to that so  called 'Consumer Protection Agency'..

The CSR's & 'Technical Support at Sprint are absolutely clueless &  incompetent.  I trust Apple way more than I trust Sprint.  What Sprint wants to do is drag this out past the 14th day so I am locked in a new Two Year Contract (and after the 14th day I can't return the phone). 

Note:

I went to several Sprint Stores with the phone -- they were completely rude (total opposite of the Apple Store). One interreupted me and said 'we don't do technical support for the iphone'. When I said I just wanted to see if she could pull up my account, she got verbally hostile and said "did you not hear what I said, we don't do technical support here'

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got even worst service then you when I went to Sprint the very next day(9/22) I go the Sprint store 5 min befor it opened and it was raining cats and dogs after the time it was supposed to open 10AM it never did then 7 min later a sales rep sticks his head out instead of letting me in and said why are you here and I told him and he answered in a rude and obnoxious way saying we can't t fix this go to the Apple store(witch is 2 min away in the mall). So I go back to my car and I said to my self you know what I have the right to go inside not to be kept in the rain so I run back go inside talk to the store manager I said so you can't look at my Iphone 5 she answers "are you with them"(in a really rude and obnoxious way) and I answers "no" then I say "so I guess you can't help me" she answers "mhmmmmmm"(with a loud tone and still in a really rude and obnoxious way), so I just left. but all and all I ben dealing with Sprint(in store, online chat, normal phone reps, Oklahoma City Ticket Rep and the managers from booth rep teams) Apple(in store, and on the phone) for about 7 days in a row(gave up after 7 days) and its been a dead end from the getgo.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I too have had really poor data connection since receiving my iPhone 5. I have spikes and dips, and the most unreliable connectivity. I never know if it's going to actually work. Sprint may be the only truly unlimited plan, but it's unlimited supply of poor data. Sprint boasts about being the only provider of truly unlimited data plans and how much better their service is. However, this is a total lie. Everyone I know that has an iPhone with AT&T or Verizon has way better connectivity. I am going to see the Sprint dealer and just return the phone and leave Sprint. Even if it costs me something to leave, in the end it will be worth it. What is the point in having a smart phone and paying premium data fees if you can't even use it to connect to the internet? There is no point and that is the point.

Here are my awesome reliable Sprint 3G data speeds...

photo(1).PNG

Highlighted
Journeyman

By Sprint guidelines, they really aren't allowed to work on a phone within the 14 day return period. I worked at a store with the service center and I know we had to say it multiple times. If it was some legitimate defect, we swapped them into another brand new phone. I did a swap on the LG Viper 3 different times for a woman because the teks refused to look at it. Also keep in mind that if you go to a third party Sprint, they honestly can't do jack. I worked at third party and had my hands tied in so many situations. Especially iPhone situations since Apple WILL NOT license Sprint Teks to work on their phones. We had the only service center in a 50 mile radius and we were third party. No apple store within an hour and a half. The limitations on the technicians is ridiculous. They legitimately cannot take your phone apart. They can ONLY inspect it physically and power cycle it. Plus most of the technicians, and anyone who has been with Sprint since before the iPhone was on their network, is completely biased. Everyone talks down about it and the teks hate how they can't do all their fancy software crap. Honestly, Sprint is NOT THE CARRIER TO HAVE if you wish to have decent CS with iPhones. They don't know much at all and if they do, Sprint won't let them work on it.

On another note, if you do wish to get rid of your iPhone, take it back within 3 days. After 3 days, you will be charged an activation fee which is 99% unwaivable(I have heard of it being done, but even as an employee they laughed in my face). Also, the first day you have your phone is the first of your 14. If you got it today, then today is day one no matter what time of day it is.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just as a heads up, when Apple deacts the phone(I'm not sure how they do this since I am sadly too far away from an Apple store) but when you go back to your previous phone, make sure whatever rep be it Sprint or Apple refreshes your upgrade eligibilty. If you wait any more than that first deact day, they will not help you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

just an update around 9:30 PM ET(9/30) my phone had went from the problems I been having(like most of us) to now it says no sim out of random for no reason, so I tried to clear the network settings no luck so then I tried taking the sim out and turning off the phone and then putting sim back in and turning it on, well no luck with that eaither so then I tried to hold the home screen button and the power button no luck so I tried a factory reset with and with out Itunes and no luck eaither and now the phone won't activate on wi-fi or on sprints netwok(because the phone won't pick up any voice or data due to no sim). So after doing all this I called Sprint again and the lady on the phone told me there have been reports of the iPhone deactivating on it's own like mine did and slow data speeds and slow app store speeds like when downloading an app and it just been acknowledged by Sprint and Apple yesterday(9/30) and they are working on the issue togeather to fix it, and she also went on to say she also has an iPhone 5 on sprint in Kansas(where one of the call centers is located) and she is also having the slow data and app store problems. Also she said that even people updating there older iPhone to the IOS6 is having problems as well and that we should be seeing an IOS update soon for sprint users with an iPhone to fix Sprint only issues with the iPhone

Highlighted
Journeyman

That is comforting news.  Hopefully whatever patch they conjure up fixes these issues!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Funny how Verizon gets their minor wi-fi issue with the iPhone 5 resolved in such a timely manner. Patiently waiting for an update for Sprint.......

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5526?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat