Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5 service Problems?

Journeyman

Iphone 5 service Problems?

Well I received my 32GB Iphone 5 on 9/21 at 3pm ET and ever since then I have been having problems with the service. I live in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area and between 2 countys I am getting 1 bar with data speeds slower than edge speed or full bars or 1 or 2 bars missing with a circle for the data speed and it cuts off a lot between 3G and the circle (no data) a lot, and because of that Imessage is not working right so I can't see when someone types messages to me or reads my messages, Siri keeps messing up a lot because of data speeds and it keeps getting disconnected, reminders cannot remind me of any reminders via location, and Facebook and Instagram always seem to load way slower then edge speeds. I had called sprint a few times about this and they cannot seem to help me out on the phone and for no reason once some rep put me on hold for about 7 minutes for what he said was to look up more info about the problem, but without notice he transferred me to a supervisor witch I was on the phone with less than 2 minutes and we hung up and got nowhere, then another time I was transferred to another department and I had to repeat my story as I did to the 1st rep just for them not to know anything and we hung up and all I did was go in the circles. I am starting to get fed up because basically I am getting no help with my phone and it is not working and in the state the phone/service is in the phone is pretty much unless. Is any one else in Florida and any where else in the United States havinf problems like mine or any service problems at all let me know please. Also, I would like an answer on what to do to fix this asap? please and thanks before I end up loosing it with sprint.

279 REPLIES 279
Journeyman

If you are in your 14 days and have really bad carrier service you should really start thinking about if you want to get out soon or deal with this for another two years with the hopes that maybe Sprint will fix it, if they can.

Some say they are building out their LTE and they have unlimited data, but this should put things in perspective as to how well Sprint is doing as a company.

Stock price today,

Verizon   45.86

AT&T      37.90

Sprint       5.30

Been with Sprint off and on in the past and the iPhone debacle will be my last with them.

Journeyman

Stock price isn't necesarilly indicative of how well a company has performed. Sprint has definitely had their share of troubles in the past, but the stock market really percevies them as on the right track for a turnaround. As a matter of fact, Sprint is the second best performer in the S&P 500 this year. Comparison of YTD 2012 returns below:

Sprint (S): 128.42%

Verizon (VZ): 14.28%

AT&T (T): 25.33%

Journeyman

Eh I decided to stick it out, phone works good at work for me, and completely sucks at home. I'll just pay the ETF if it annoys me, iPhone 5's sell for 500 bucks easily so I'm not scared of the 14 day trial

Journeyman

I disagree on stock price, that is the leading indicator of how well a company is doing. So if YTD for Sprint is 128% that means earlier this year they were at $2.00 / share? That's even more troubling. I do hope they turn it around, Hess bet the company and his bonuses on iPhone.

Looking deeper into Sprint I realized I did not feel confident they could turn the company around as fast as I would want so that I can use LTE. At FCC auctions ATT and Verizon come out the winners of the needed frequencies to expand their network.  Sprint used most of their spectrum on Clearwire WiMax but the bet didnt pay off as the standard has moved to LTE which Sprint doesnt have much spectrum left to work with now. Prior to the iPhone launch I was hopeful they had rolled out the LTE without doing my homework. It showed a pin for Los Angeles as LTE. After 9/21 I realized it was their LTE proposed coverage map for 2013 rollout. Their 3G is abysmal to work with on a data dependent iPhone.

If you are in the south or southeast region of the U.S. it should be working great, for the west coast not so much.

Journeyman

I hate to get off topic here, but I meant that comparing the stock price of one company to the price of another isn't meaningful. Comparing the price of Sprint today to the price historically is a great measure of how a company is doing. Comparing the price per share of Sprint to that of another company is not a meaningful comparison though.

Regardless of the stock price though, my 3g data speeds are still abysmal and inconsistent. Just ran a speedtest at work and uploaded at 0.03 Mbps. So frustrating.....

Journeyman

Agree with everyones take here but outside of the comment @bigj0110 yesterday on Sprint's acknowledgement and prospective fix of the problem, has anyone been able to get their iPhone 5 to work with their exisiting 3G data plans?

Journeyman

I am literally right next to the Sprint store on Boylston Street in Boston, MA and here are my results.... 100% completely unusable 3G data. This only shows the Speedtests that actually completed as well. I had plenty that would just run and run with no results at all.

image (2).png

Journeyman

well even today(10/1) reps and supervisors had told me just now they are working on this along side Apple to fix it and they had got a memo about it and all, but they just do not know when it will be done and that it may just pop up to update on IOS be for we(Sprint reps and supervisers) even know because they want to get it out to us ASAP they said rather then leave people hanging. But about the no sim problem they said I have to go back to Apple so guess what today at 3:20PM ET I have a Genius Bar Appointment for the 4th time in 10 days

Journeyman

Thats the speeds I am getting in 2 full counties worth here in Florida inside a condo building, office building, the mall inside the Apple sotre with a singal booster, or house, outside, on balcony, on the highway, on the street in the car or on foot, right on the sand on the beach with clear skys. Pretty much all I can do is hear music that I put on my phone from Itunes and thats it not even make a call the right way.

Journeyman

I hope this get's fixed soon.  This is getting really old.  I've just about had it.  Thinking about getting a Galaxy S3 and be done with the iphone.

Does anyone know how long an upgrade reversal takes?

Thanks.

Journeyman

It is not Apple it is strictly Sprint and only Sprint, so today I went to the Apple store again and they swapped out my phone and Sprint on the phone with the Apple Genius could not activate the phone to the point they had to swap out the phone they just gave me with another new one and now I'm constantly on 2G(the circle), but sometime in November LTE is coming to my area and they said LTE will fix the problems. The funny thing is that I told the Genius about how Sprint and Apple are working together to fix slow data speeds on 3G and low bars only on Sprint and he said he never heard about it, so when he was on the phone with Sprint activating the second swapped phone he ask the Sprint rep at the end of the call about what I said to the Genius and the Sprint rep never herd about them working together to fix this, but when I was on the phone myself with 2 normal reps and 2 of there supervisor and one person at the Oklahoma City ticket center they all herd about What I said and in fact they brought it up I never even said a word to them. so I don't know what to think anymore I just hope an update comes out for IOS and fixes all these bugs ASAP because this is not right to the fullest existent. But to answer your question I would think it would very on time depending on what the problem(s) are and how long it will take for them to figure out the cause of the problem(s) and how it will take them to figure out a fix for the problem(s)

Journeyman

I have an easy fix for everyone, check and see if the 4g LTE service is up and running in your area. If it is not your 4g LTE phones S3, Iphone5 & X1 will be rendered almost completely useless other than maybe using it for a watch, calculator, video game or paper weight! I would love to get 1 of these new LTE phones because they are lightning fast on At&t & Verizon but they both having up & running LTE.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat