Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5 service Problems?

Journeyman

Iphone 5 service Problems?

Well I received my 32GB Iphone 5 on 9/21 at 3pm ET and ever since then I have been having problems with the service. I live in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area and between 2 countys I am getting 1 bar with data speeds slower than edge speed or full bars or 1 or 2 bars missing with a circle for the data speed and it cuts off a lot between 3G and the circle (no data) a lot, and because of that Imessage is not working right so I can't see when someone types messages to me or reads my messages, Siri keeps messing up a lot because of data speeds and it keeps getting disconnected, reminders cannot remind me of any reminders via location, and Facebook and Instagram always seem to load way slower then edge speeds. I had called sprint a few times about this and they cannot seem to help me out on the phone and for no reason once some rep put me on hold for about 7 minutes for what he said was to look up more info about the problem, but without notice he transferred me to a supervisor witch I was on the phone with less than 2 minutes and we hung up and got nowhere, then another time I was transferred to another department and I had to repeat my story as I did to the 1st rep just for them not to know anything and we hung up and all I did was go in the circles. I am starting to get fed up because basically I am getting no help with my phone and it is not working and in the state the phone/service is in the phone is pretty much unless. Is any one else in Florida and any where else in the United States havinf problems like mine or any service problems at all let me know please. Also, I would like an answer on what to do to fix this asap? please and thanks before I end up loosing it with sprint.

279 REPLIES 279
Journeyman

It's a way bigger problem than that, to the point Sprint corporate is calling me today because the GM from the Fort Lauderdale Sprint call center said the problem is way bigger than anything the reps and the Oklahoma City ticket reps can do for me and me every single other person on this Sprint forums that are experiencing the same exact problems as me or a similar problems

Journeyman

BigJ.. That's translates into "Houston, we have a problem".

Journeyman

So true, all and all I hope these problems get fixed. Also, to add on to what I said earlier the GM of the call center just called me and she is trying to get the CEO of Sprint involved and to get him to personally call me because after we hung up yesterday she said she personally went on these forums and saw what is going on and she thinks it needs the attention of the CEO or anyone above him only

Journeyman

is anyone's tap to tweet or post to facebook function working on your drop down notification center? mines doesnt appear for some reason i have done all the obvious reboot phone remove app and redownload sign out and back in nothing seems to work.

Journeyman

Well the s4 is coming out during the 1st quarter next year...  I like the Samsung galaxy ... My husband has the s3 and the phone is gorgeous.... I just hate the dag on this freezes and then requires a battery pull... Ugh! Nothing pisses me off more than having to totally reset that phone ... He equally hates my iPhone...

Journeyman

Just picked up my iPhone 5 a couple days ago hoping to switch from ATT, but after trying out this network I'm heading back to ATT. Reception is horrible and LTE is almost non existent even in Sprints home town. I live close to the Sprint world head quarters in Overland Park, KS and the reception and LTE service is not much better than what most of you are experiencing. When you are lucky enough to be close to a LTE tower it's incredibly fast as shown by the last picture. Funny enough I drove through the Sprint campus today and LTE is not available and the data speeds are in the toilet. I left Sprint during the bad customer service years and it looks like I'm going to continue to stay away. This LTE propaganda is just to snag customers. One question I do have… I just looked at my account online and there is a option to purchase Premium Data (required for this device)        $10.0  I wasn't told I needed this, is it?

photo (1).PNG

On Sprint Campus

photo.JPG

Under LTE tower or very close picture below.

photo.PNG

Journeyman

that is crazy that you are at Sprint's HQ and you are getting just as bad speeds as some one like me in Florida what a shame, Sprint better step up to the plate and the blame and do something to fix it ASAP

Journeyman

I'm done. Going to return the iPhone and cancel my contract with Sprint and go to Verizon. My phone keeps going from 3g to 2g and some times it just doesn't even load any data at all even at full reception. Tried basically every trick posted in the forums but nothing works. I was checking my data usages and I barely even go over 2gb a month so unlimited is probably useless for me. I even get discount from the company I work for so that will take my montly bill down to what Sprint is currently at for me. I also did tests with my coworkers iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, S3, 4g touch, EVO on 3G and they all had horrible speeds .Also Sprint hasn't even updated any LTE progress in the bay area so I'm assuming there won't be LTE around here for at least until mid next year or so.

Goodbye Sprint, it was nice while it lasted.

Journeyman

well looking at your post, I have had the same problem.  I called sprint 5 times over the last couple of days, I had swapped my phone like twice at the apple store.  I have done everything and in general, sprint has been pretty nonchalant and always giving me the same do the "##update#" crap.  I'm done.  DONE!!  I tried being patient with their service, tried to give it a chance, but I just can't work with it.  Part of the beaty of having the iphone 5 was for LTE speeds, and I can't even get onto network here.  I'm sick and tired of it. Do you know if you can go in, say that there is a breach in contract, and cancel the ETF?  Just wondering.

Journeyman

Its a shame we iPhone Sprint users have to go through all of this honestly if AT&T or Verizon offered a unlimited data package still and not by gigs I would of switched a long long time ago seriously what is Sprint doing with all of the money.

Journeyman

Well in my case after seeing the data usage all my 3 lines combined use  around 3 gig of data per month.. so if i go to att i can get the 6gig mobile share plan for the same price that im paying in sprint.. im making the change....

Journeyman

Returned my iPhone today on my 13th day. Will be getting an S3, will update you guys the 3G speed once I get it... Sprint and iPhone just don't work well together...

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat