cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5 service Problems?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Iphone 5 service Problems?

Well I received my 32GB Iphone 5 on 9/21 at 3pm ET and ever since then I have been having problems with the service. I live in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area and between 2 countys I am getting 1 bar with data speeds slower than edge speed or full bars or 1 or 2 bars missing with a circle for the data speed and it cuts off a lot between 3G and the circle (no data) a lot, and because of that Imessage is not working right so I can't see when someone types messages to me or reads my messages, Siri keeps messing up a lot because of data speeds and it keeps getting disconnected, reminders cannot remind me of any reminders via location, and Facebook and Instagram always seem to load way slower then edge speeds. I had called sprint a few times about this and they cannot seem to help me out on the phone and for no reason once some rep put me on hold for about 7 minutes for what he said was to look up more info about the problem, but without notice he transferred me to a supervisor witch I was on the phone with less than 2 minutes and we hung up and got nowhere, then another time I was transferred to another department and I had to repeat my story as I did to the 1st rep just for them not to know anything and we hung up and all I did was go in the circles. I am starting to get fed up because basically I am getting no help with my phone and it is not working and in the state the phone/service is in the phone is pretty much unless. Is any one else in Florida and any where else in the United States havinf problems like mine or any service problems at all let me know please. Also, I would like an answer on what to do to fix this asap? please and thanks before I end up loosing it with sprint.

279 REPLIES 279
Highlighted
Journeyman

I actually believe all this is relatively an easy fix.  All they have to do is get their engineers working with the Apple engineers for a couple or days and push a patch out or update their backend system.  I really don't believe there's anything wrong with the sprint network and the apple hardware it self.  I think it's just the interface between the two.....

What I know is that our buddy Mr. Hessee wanted this iPhone 5 to be another phone that helps increase Sprint's market share.  If stuff like this continues and the media catches on, buh bye the dreams of that!  I hate to blame Sprint about all this nor Apple since I really believe they are both partially responsible.  All I really care about is the fact the consumers' are suffering because of this non action by either parties.

Sprint and Apple:  All we care about is service.  If we buy a smart phone, we expect it to work as a smart phone.  We are not the beta testers.  We are not the guinea pigs.  Please step up and solve this issue and do the right thing, including giving us credit for the time we didn't have data service.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just wanted to add myself to the list of unhappy customers. We have been with sprint for about 8 years now and never a problem. Always told my friends to get sprint. Not any more, I tell them to go else where. We upgraded or should I say downgraded from EVO 4g phones. Did not get 4g service often but the 3g speeds were always great. Now with our iPhones I'm lucky to get .50mbps speeds. I get crappy service at my home and it has always been great. Sprint better get on the ball and fix this or we are leaving. Most of my friends have already left sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

so, i wake up this morning to an email saying "the returned equipment credit has been applied".  i cancelled my account and returned ALL THREE iphone 5's, but the email shows only two device returned!!!  (two S#'s and $399 plus taxes and other fees)  what a freakin' nightmare!!!!  and of course no support or anyone to call over the weekend; so, i have to wait till monday.  i took pictures of all three phones prior to putting them in the package!  this is stupid!  more BS!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well so I did another phone call with the rep team just now and this time the Texas call center helped me and the rep supervisor ended up taking my call and he did a deeper search of my towers then the Oklahoma City ticket center ever did more then once and he saw major problems all over with many different towers in many different areas around me and to him he said because of this they are preforming way below standards. He also went on to say the Texas call center GM has not came in yet for the day and that with in 45 minutes to 1 hour the GM is going to call me and really get this fixed. Also, he said that he is personally fighting for me over there at the call center and that hopefully we will finally get it fixed or at least get on the right path to get 3 full counties worth of towers fixed ASAP and that if they keep denying it and are saying the towers work fine then he is personally going to have a problem with it on behalf of me because this is not right at all he said. This is crazy as well, I was on the phone with them on one call today for a total of 97 mintues just for them to have the GM call me back witch I don't believe is going to happen because they have a really bad track record(at least with me) with calling back. But all and all I just hope it really gets fixed period and works normal that is all I'm asking for, Sprint is that to much to ask for? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Eh if they said the "towers are down" line again you know they're BSing again. If it intact down try asking them to issue credit for both voice and data.......

Let us know if the GM calls you back. In the mean time ill call senior advisor at apple

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hope this works. They told me they're down here a couple of days so, Los Angeles . Only about half my text messages go through and none of my picture mail gets sent, just a red exclamation point, for the past two weeks. In store they've replaced it an reset it each te telling me it takes up to 24 hours to be back after a reset so being that it doesn't send text or pics after they worked on it and replaced it. They shoo me off until 24 hours

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is the 1st time Sprint ever told me there are any type of problems with the towers because they normally told me the towers are working fine. But any way as of right now 5pm ET 6 hours and a half hours later the GM from the Texas call center never called me. Also, after I had the 1st call where they told me the GM is going to call me back I called back to see what the deal was a few hours later(they promised me a call back with in 45 minutes-1 hour) and this time the Louisiana call center answered not Texas and I ended up speaking to a supervisor and they said no GM was in and is not coming in until Monday and they where shocked that a GM comes to work any time on the weekend at any call center, so to me it sounds like the supervisor at the Texas call center was lying to me in my face. So the supervisor at the Louisiana call center said I should put in a ticket but a different ticket then I ever did so far according what's in the computer, the name of the ticket is called "CTMS Ticket" and in the computer they saw every tower I was ever connected to and put all of them in the ticket so I hope this ticket works. Also, she is the second person to tell me the towers are not working but the only one to tell me why and it is because the towers are not pushing out the amount of signal it should be each and every tower and the numbers on the tower numbers are extremely low, and that I have a high % of dropped calls so it is clearly NOT the phone she said it is Sprints network and only Sprints network she said. So I should receive a call with in 72 hours and this should fix it. so that's where I stand with Sprint. I will update you guys as more happens.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Good luck with that. I was told yesterday by someone I'd have a phone call this morning at 9am (after spending 5 hours trying to get a newly replaced iPhone activated and going back and forth between Apple and Sprint stores - has anyone else wondered how many phones Apple and Sprint have replaced in the last 2 weeks that didn't need replacing? ).

Never got one.

You can't tell me they don't know this is an issue. I'm so irritated that I go into a sprint store and they act like they have no idea what you're talking about. As if I wasn't just in the Apple store with 3 other Sprint customers all having data connectivity issues. They couldn't get phones to activate in the Sprint store and they still act like they have no idea what's going on. It's been a problem for months and it's done nothing but get worse everyone week. It's not just the iPhone having data issues.

I've been a Sprint customer for 12 years. Getting ready to head another carrier at this point. I'm sick of paying a premium price for services that havent worked properly for the last 6 months. Why they can't just come out say what the problem is is just beyond me. I'd have a lot more patience if they'd just say we screwed up and broke something instead of trying to blame it on them updating towers.

I'm over it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well one of the Sprint stores I went to the next day(9/22) the guy at the store told to me it is the network because to many people are trying to activate there phones, to give it a few days but 14 days as of today(10/6) and I went to the same store again today and spoke to the same guy and now he has no answer to the question he literally was speechless and then after a mintute all he said was to wait it out it should be fixed soon. What a joke Sprint store reps and Sprint phone reps are including supervisors and GM's. I think the best way to find out problems are by seeing what the people who use the device/service day in and day out report and I think Srint should stop wasting there time with running people around and come to theses fourms and look at the problems users are reporting and fix them

Highlighted
Journeyman

OK so I wrote yesterday as I was in Apple for the hundredth time trying to get my phone fixed. I left with a broken phone because Apple had closed, I was the only one left, I was tired, hungry, and frustrated. I went back to Sprint today and what a JOKE. First, I approached this differently. When I got there I told them I would not leave their store without a working phone. They reset my phone, said oh look, it works. I said, you wait, it wont in 10 minutes and sure enough it did SIM failure again. Fast forward 2 hours...still at sprint. Still not resolution. The sales guy called customer support who gave us to manager Joanne who told me rep she would put notes in the system that if I walked over to Apple, they would give me a brand new phone, unopened. Not a service replacement, a brand new phone, guaranteed. So the rep in the store said, lets check for that note before you go over there. Do you think it was in the system like she said? NO. So we called back. This time I was given to manager Otis. Otis had the nerve to tell me that I was now past my 14 days and sprint could do nothing. I lost it. Literally. Over the past 14 days, I had been to Apple 6 times, called into sprint 5 times, called apple 4 times. It was clear that I, the consumer, took on the burden of their screw up and tried like hell to fix this and now, because the problem could not be resolved by any of the professionals in 14 days it was my fault? Needless to say I freaked out. I repeated to Otis what Joanne had said 4 minutes before and he called her, and she said she didn't say it. The sales rep, me, and 2 other cusotmers standing by heard exactly what the lady said. Liars. WORST company and service I have ever seen. I have been a customer for 8 years. I have 4 lines on my account and my husband has 7 on his for the businesses. Very very poor.

So what did I do, I went back to Apple. Crying. Literally. Childish, maybe but I was beyond myself. In the last 36 hours I have spent 15 hours in the sprint store, in Apple, and on the phone with customer service. I have been given replacement phones (but not free screen protectors to replace the ones I bought to put on my new phones) I missed work yesterday, missed putting my daughter to bed last night, and missed work today. UNACCEPTABLE SPRINT.

So the manager at Apple sees me all upset and immediately tries to see what's going on. The rep I worked with last night saw me too, thank god, because if I had to explain this saga to one more person I was going to really freak out. Do you know what they did? They gave me a new sim card. the phone works. What the hell. Why didn't someone think to give me a sim card on September 22 when the first SIM error came up? I don't know where Apple got the new sim card, nor do I care really...but that fixed the SIM error. Its now been 3 hours and the phone is working. My sprint service is going from nothing, to 3G to the little "o" to extended...and is running slow, not sending texts and not running Internet at all well, but at least the phone is making calls.

Thank you sprint for NOTHING. I will be following up with someone and will get something for your incompetence and complete disregard of the issues I have had. I am not your guinea pig. You took my money immediately and did nothing over the past 14 days to help me. What a SCAM.

Thank you Apple for your effort, great customer support and for picking up where Sprint did nothing. Do I wish the 2 hardware issues I had would not have happened, sure. Am I thankful you attempted to fix it with little hassle, YES. Good Luck folks. God willing, I will nto have to write another post about malfunctioning iPhone5's. If I ever manage to find someone to complain to that can make a difference, Ill let you know. If anyone else finds out, please let me know. These guys have some serious issues to makeup for as far as I am concerned.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I feel for you as I said I have also been pawned back and forth from sprint to apple. What an enormous waste of time and energy. So very frustrating and each person ( Sprint over the phone, techs in the store, reps in the store and on the phone and people at Apple) I talk has said it is the first time they've heard of the problem. It is terrible. Should we file a complaint with the better business bureau? How can we get our voices heard? I would like to hear of anyone having a great experience with sprint iphone5's.

Journeyman

Move to another company... if you want your voice heard

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat