cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5 service Problems?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Iphone 5 service Problems?

Well I received my 32GB Iphone 5 on 9/21 at 3pm ET and ever since then I have been having problems with the service. I live in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area and between 2 countys I am getting 1 bar with data speeds slower than edge speed or full bars or 1 or 2 bars missing with a circle for the data speed and it cuts off a lot between 3G and the circle (no data) a lot, and because of that Imessage is not working right so I can't see when someone types messages to me or reads my messages, Siri keeps messing up a lot because of data speeds and it keeps getting disconnected, reminders cannot remind me of any reminders via location, and Facebook and Instagram always seem to load way slower then edge speeds. I had called sprint a few times about this and they cannot seem to help me out on the phone and for no reason once some rep put me on hold for about 7 minutes for what he said was to look up more info about the problem, but without notice he transferred me to a supervisor witch I was on the phone with less than 2 minutes and we hung up and got nowhere, then another time I was transferred to another department and I had to repeat my story as I did to the 1st rep just for them not to know anything and we hung up and all I did was go in the circles. I am starting to get fed up because basically I am getting no help with my phone and it is not working and in the state the phone/service is in the phone is pretty much unless. Is any one else in Florida and any where else in the United States havinf problems like mine or any service problems at all let me know please. Also, I would like an answer on what to do to fix this asap? please and thanks before I end up loosing it with sprint.

279 REPLIES 279
Highlighted
Journeyman

Your lucky that a new SIM card worked for u, I'm on my 6th new phone with 6 new SIM cards and nothing has worked so far for me and with each phone I'm having the 100% the same voice and data problems nothing changed and anything I did to try and fix my phone did not work at all the phone stays in the same state on all 6 devices

Journeyman

I'm a new Sprint customer and got the iPhone 5, soon realized my data wasnt working.  It showed "3G" on my phone but wasnt loading any pages.

HERE IS HOW I GOT IT TO WORK:

I read this and a few other threads.  I did the ##UPDATE# to no avail, it actaully showed "o" after (worse than before).  So I did a reset on the iPhone, Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings.  Then did the update thing over wifi and my phone worked.  It may take a few tries of resets and updates but in my case it was successful.  I also "restored from backup" in iTunes after the cell data was working and I had success getting my stuff transfered over.

Good luck guys and I hope this helps.  Drove around LA today and my phone was working well, other than the new Maps sucking worse than the old one.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I finally got my phone working too.

I went to Apple and got an AT&T phone; finally leaving Sprint after more than a decade.

Highlighted
Journeyman

that does not work for me at all, I must of tried that 50+ times and even at the Apple store and all. Also, if you read what people aree saying they too have tried this and and everthing I did but nothing worked for them or me

Highlighted
Journeyman

has any one emailed Dan Hesse and got a reply back? I'm just wondering

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, I did the next best thing towards Dan Hesse and just left the service outright.  I used to be on a corporate ATT line and never had nearly the kind of service problems that I had with Sprint.  After I left my old job I joined Sprint and have had horrible service ever since.  To make a long story short, after about a week of just haggling with Sprint techs and Apple Geniuses, it was determined that it was more of a carrier issue.  I don't want to give anyone a hard time, but man I had to give an earful to whichever poor sap had to talk to me.  People either told me that they would call me back regarding the issue or just tell me to do the same old thing over and over again.  Anyways, I was essentially able to leave because I just did the buyback program since I had my old iphone 4s still and that came out to around 300 in buyback and so the ETF will only be $50.  I still think it's ridiculous I'm getting charged for a service that was unusable, where when I got my iphone 5 I couldn't even access data at all, at least 3g.  But man I rejoined ATT and I actually have a working phone.  Just a suggestion for people who really feel frustrated.  No matter how much you try to talk to Sprint, they will only listen if you actually stop service with them, and usership goes down.  Otherwise, they are going to just turn a blind eye. 

I do know that many of the Sprint reps I had talked to were generall nice.  But it got to a point where it was pretty ridiculous and couldn't use the service anymroe or could recommend anyone else using it.

So until never again, good bye Sprint, it was horrible while it lasted...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here's my story.....  I bought two iphone 5's on release day and both phones would show no sim card, so I called sprint many times and they had no answer (go figure). After sprint saying 5 times it's the phone I finally went to apple and they gave me two new phones.  No sim card error with these but now I get the "o" to 3g.  I called back sprint today and the rep says oh that's a provisioning issue.  I'm thinking, good i haven't heard that yet.  So she goes on to tell me to reset all the stuff just like i have done a million times already.  After doing that I have NO SERVICE! can't even make a call or anything! She tells me well that's a phone issue so go back to apple.  I just about lost it but I kept my cool.  I asked to talk to a manager and he was of no help.  I hung up on him.  I know I know, not very classy but I am frustrated now! What is their problem?? Why can't they help any of us?!  Finally had to vent my story.  Thanks for listening.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is an update, the new ticket put in today(10/8) they just called me back at 9:10pm on 10/8 about it and said they saw tower problems, so they are going to fix 2 towers one close to me and one west of me for now and put the ticket on hold and once they fix those 2 towers they are going to look into more towers to get my tri-county tower problems fixed. They went on to say by getting these 2 towers fixed its a start to getting all of the service problems fixed for me. They also said it has nothing to do with the network vision upgrades at all and these tri-county problems are going to be fixed way way before the network vision is completed in my area. Lets just hope this is all 100% true. Also, I will keep you guys informed as it gets fixed or does not get fixed and find out this was a big fat lie.

Highlighted
Journeyman

here is another update, they said they are going to be working on all the towers in my area(tri-county) and that they do know that there is a nation wide problem and they said some of it has to do with network vision but a lot of it is nothing to do with network vision and that no matter with the problem is they are going to fix the theses problems for everyone everywhere ASAP and way way befor network vision is done for everyone, but because it is nation wide it does take a little bit of time. Also they said corporate is going to be calling me Thursday(10/11) to follow up with me and to let me know indetail what is going on and what measuress they are taking to fix it. Also, I will be giving you guys updates every step of the way so you angry Sprint customers could know what is going on.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here is another update, I kind of had it to my limit with sprint and how they're handling this because someone from corporate ended up calling me back 10 days late. When we spoke I tried to tell her about my problem and it happening nationwide and for her to come look at the these forms and to see it for herself and she was trying to contradict me by saying I had 14 days it's now your choice that you decided to stay and was saying how speeds very and are not guaranteed and how the geography of where I'm at could affect it, But I told her it's everywhere I go tri-county 3 full entire counties worth(every where I have been on all devices from day one) and it doesn't matter if I'm inside or outside and how I hold the phone. So once I realize she was BSing me I got loud and she had nothing to say other then how she is calling in response to the FCC complaint I had made and then she started telling me about how she's going to let the network team know about this and to look into this and how it could take up to 15 days to get an answer back form her on the network teams findings. To be honest this is like the 5th time the network team is going to look in to this so I don't think this is going to work, I just think she's lying and just saying this to me to get me off their back for 15 days. Also, I can almost guarantee you that she's not even going to call me back at all and I'm just going to be stuck at a dead end again.

Highlighted
Journeyman

bigj0110:

have you tried the method on the thread How to fix iPhone 5 3G Data Problems (Confirmed to work

If you have a replacement phone from Apple that is stuck in 3G-circle sign with no data, you may have the same problem as a lot of us.  Give it a try and call apple, ask for a senior tech support rep, and tell the rep to check your activation profile.  and if it's indeed not there, ask to have the engineers fix it. It may be Apple's problem and not Sprint's, and we've been barking at the wrong people.  Good luck!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I already tried this and a Apple tire 1 rep and a Apple senior rep told me it is in the system correctly already

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat