cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5 service Problems?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Iphone 5 service Problems?

Well I received my 32GB Iphone 5 on 9/21 at 3pm ET and ever since then I have been having problems with the service. I live in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area and between 2 countys I am getting 1 bar with data speeds slower than edge speed or full bars or 1 or 2 bars missing with a circle for the data speed and it cuts off a lot between 3G and the circle (no data) a lot, and because of that Imessage is not working right so I can't see when someone types messages to me or reads my messages, Siri keeps messing up a lot because of data speeds and it keeps getting disconnected, reminders cannot remind me of any reminders via location, and Facebook and Instagram always seem to load way slower then edge speeds. I had called sprint a few times about this and they cannot seem to help me out on the phone and for no reason once some rep put me on hold for about 7 minutes for what he said was to look up more info about the problem, but without notice he transferred me to a supervisor witch I was on the phone with less than 2 minutes and we hung up and got nowhere, then another time I was transferred to another department and I had to repeat my story as I did to the 1st rep just for them not to know anything and we hung up and all I did was go in the circles. I am starting to get fed up because basically I am getting no help with my phone and it is not working and in the state the phone/service is in the phone is pretty much unless. Is any one else in Florida and any where else in the United States havinf problems like mine or any service problems at all let me know please. Also, I would like an answer on what to do to fix this asap? please and thanks before I end up loosing it with sprint.

279 REPLIES 279
Highlighted
Journeyman

Oath if you're tired of reading the thread then don't look at it...simple.

Everyone is ****** off no doubt but we are not going to get anywhere posting on here. Anyone reading this needs to keep badgering support then document all communication and eventually go a step further and file with the BBB or whoever.

Paying the etf for something that has never worked properly is why people are so frustrated. Having an open ticket before the 14 days should be grounds for having it cancelled and that should be a strong enough case.

Wasting time reading posts like the one from Oath will not get anyone anywhere.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I received my iPhone 5 the day it was released and went though a few attempts to fix this with Sprint a few weeks after purchase. Realizing that it was an exercise in futility, I eventually gave up & hoped that it would be resolved in a few weeks. As time goes on and more and more people report this problem, however, I am becoming more and more upset about this. We are being sold phones that the network clearly doesn't support. This is extremely poor business practice. All the mobile internet you want? Psh, sure. If you could ever access it!

I've submitted complaints to the BBB and FCC and encourage everybody with this or similar problems to do the same. The links can be found here:

I've also created a short video that shows what a joke my internet connection is in a speedtest.net competition between iPhones on ATT & Verizon and my own on Sprint. Please share and spread the word so as to ratchet up the pressure!

http://youtu.be/8F3cie-4bVM

Highlighted
Journeyman

PleaseKokua, I am in the exact same place as you. Received the 64mb iphone5 on its release day. For the nex few weeks i was reletless in the Sprint store, Apple store, on the phone with Sprint and Applecare. Then I decided it was sucking all my time and energy so becasue it does work with wifi, I decided to give it a break and hope theyd fix it soon. While things have only gotten worse. Over the past month and a half I rarely recieve calls, but recieve many voicemails each day, with no missed calls. Something has to be done! I have yet to have any representative at Sprint validate my claims. Each time I call in the act as if this is the first time they have heard of this issue and as if it is an isolated incident. Doing ##873283# each time I want to send a text message is INSANE!

Highlighted
Journeyman

i  am in Portland, Oregon i have the black Iphone 5 64GB as well an Iphone 5 16gb in white.

both of these phones have been having data issues since the day i purchaced them. the black on i have exchanged three times now. i spoke with a sprint rep today about these issues. i was told some areas have been repaired however portland was not on the list as being repaired. the rep i spoke with informed me i did not need to return the phone that the issue was with the sprint network. she stated that apple and sprint are working together to repair these issues. she stated she did not have a date that this would be fixed but offered to call me in one week to provide an update.

sure would be nice to be able to use the data i pay for.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I doubt this issue is going to get fixed anytime soon. Though Sprint and Apple are hard at work on it , non seem to be willing to admit anything. However, I know this much. If you live in a NON-LTE area, turn off LTE. I was told this screws them up as far as data goes and can hose up the phones. All I know that RELUCTANTLY I got my daugther the i5 but she's not had any issue. No LTE in my area either. .. but then again, from all the issues I've seen, I'm not crying about it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I doubt this issue is going to get fixed anytime soon. Though Sprint and Apple are hard at work on it , non seem to be willing to admit anything. However, I know this much. If you live in a NON-LTE area, turn off LTE. I was told this screws them up as far as data goes and can hose up the phones. All I know that RELUCTANTLY I got my daugther the i5 but she's not had any issue. No LTE in my area either. .. but then again, from all the issues I've seen, I'm not crying about it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow, your problems sound even more severe 😕 But regardless this is a total fail on Sprint's part. A BIG one. The iPhone 5 should be their FLAGSHIP device and it doesn't even surf the web?!?! The fact that we're paying "premium data charges" is just salt in the wound. What a joke. I'm hopeful that Softbank buying Sprint will do some good in the long term but is it worth sticking around in the short term to find out?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I left Sprint when I got divorced 10 years ago, and went to T-Mobile, which gave me more heartache and headaches than my marriage and divorce combined! When my lame extremely extended 2 year imprisonment contract expired with T-Mobile, I only went to Verizon because I have heard nightmares about AT&T, and I wanted an I-phone... Sprint hadn't gotten it yet, but Verizon had just launched it.  I have been with all of them at some point (except AT&T- which has exceptional international coverage but poor domestic and HORRIBLE customer service).  All of them have loading issues somewhere, and all of them have strong areas.  Verizon didn't drop any fewer calls than anyone else in my experience, but it was always contingent to my location.  I recently returned to Sprint, when they got the I-phone.  I have great service in my gym, in parking garages, in the canyons, and when I'm camping, which is the polar opposite of Verizon, and ten steps up from T-mobile.  However, I have little ability to send texts or emails or go online in my house. That sucks.  Verizon was great in my house but sucked in all the aforementioned locations.  T-mobile pretty much just sucked all the way around and although their reps were nice, they also sucked most of the time- they were like robots if you were routed outside of the country (which was 90% of the time).  So, in conclusion, I'm actually happy to be back with Sprint. I don't see myself leaving again, unless I get an additional phone with AT&T for international travel (as I do need more from year to year for work).  Thanks to Sprint, I now have 3 I-Phones (my 5, my daughter's 4s, and my other 4 for my younger daughter), and I pay only $40 more monthly for a family plan for us all than what I paid with Verizon or T-mobile (my bills avg'd about 135-145 with them for my phone alone). I love Sprint's service, and it's not any better or worse than anyone else's. They all have their gliches and are all constantly and rapidly growing in their technologies (except for T-Mobile).  Yay Sprint! Also, I have LTE coverage in some places here in LA, my gym is huge and I have it when I'm there, and it's like lightening! I love it!

Wish I could get it at home too

Message was edited by: fitnita1

Highlighted
Journeyman

what you are saying about callng the BBB or FCC is not true because I called the FCC and then ended up speaking to corporate Sprint and they promised me by the end of november that my market will be fixed and they even gave $50 off my bill for October and November and the case with the FCC was closed at that point, but I ended up finding out that they lied to me beacuse they where not going to fix the whole market like it really neded to be fixed they where just going to fix one tower the cloest to my home witch is so wrong. Now we are in December and to be honest the service has gotten at least 10 times worst and even when I see LTE it is still pretty bad and even my calling has gotten worst because now multiple people have told me they can hear things in my call that is not around me and also that my calls are going in out a lot now. But after all this I ended up doing another complannt with the FCC and so far nothing yet.

Journeyman

I agree.... I've always defended Sprint to other people -- never again!!! The problems I've had with the iPhone 5 and the way Sprint/Apple are handling it make me regret my decision to get this phone, as well as all the positive things I've had to say about Spring in the past.

Highlighted
Journeyman

EVERY PERSON HAVING A PROBLEM WITH SPRINT AND THE IPHONE 5! FILE A COMPLAINT ON THE FCC WEBSITE. CHOOSE WIRELESS, THEN BILLING AND SERVICE. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS. MAKE SURE YOU LIST IN THE COMMENTS SECTION HOW MANY TIMES YOU HAVE HAD YOUR PHONE REPLACED HOW MANY TIME YOU HAVE CALLED SPRINT AND/OR APPLE AND HOW MANY TIMES YOU HAVE BEEN TO A SPRINT STORE AND/OR APPLE STORE. DO NOT FORGET THE BS OF WELL YOU CAN GO TO THE BUYBACK PROGRAM THEN PAY US $350 FOR EARLY TERMINATION THEN PAY FULL PRICE FOR A NEW PHONE.

DO NOT FORGET TO PRINT A COPY OF YOUR SUBMITTED COMPLAINT.

CHECK TO SEE IF YOUR STATE HAS A DEPARTMENT THAT IS THE EQUALIVENT OF THE FCC. AS AN EXTRA MEASURE FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE FTC AS WELL.

GEE HOW MANY CUSTOMERS NEED TO COMPAIN SPRINT!!!! HAVE YOU NOT LOST ENOUGH CUSTOMERS!!!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat