cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5 service Problems?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Iphone 5 service Problems?

Well I received my 32GB Iphone 5 on 9/21 at 3pm ET and ever since then I have been having problems with the service. I live in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area and between 2 countys I am getting 1 bar with data speeds slower than edge speed or full bars or 1 or 2 bars missing with a circle for the data speed and it cuts off a lot between 3G and the circle (no data) a lot, and because of that Imessage is not working right so I can't see when someone types messages to me or reads my messages, Siri keeps messing up a lot because of data speeds and it keeps getting disconnected, reminders cannot remind me of any reminders via location, and Facebook and Instagram always seem to load way slower then edge speeds. I had called sprint a few times about this and they cannot seem to help me out on the phone and for no reason once some rep put me on hold for about 7 minutes for what he said was to look up more info about the problem, but without notice he transferred me to a supervisor witch I was on the phone with less than 2 minutes and we hung up and got nowhere, then another time I was transferred to another department and I had to repeat my story as I did to the 1st rep just for them not to know anything and we hung up and all I did was go in the circles. I am starting to get fed up because basically I am getting no help with my phone and it is not working and in the state the phone/service is in the phone is pretty much unless. Is any one else in Florida and any where else in the United States havinf problems like mine or any service problems at all let me know please. Also, I would like an answer on what to do to fix this asap? please and thanks before I end up loosing it with sprint.

279 REPLIES 279
Highlighted
Journeyman

alethea.r.bush@sprint.com from the Executive Office reviewed my complaint to the BBB, which wasn't effective, because Alethea told the BBB that I'm not experiencing any of the problems that I've complained about.  Also, she told me that the reason why I can't get service within my home, which is dead zone for Sprint, is because my INTERNET speed isn't high enough and I refused to pay more in internet charges (additional $15.00 to upgrade internet speed) to accomodate Sprint's AirRave.  Are you serious Alethea? I don't think she heard what she said.  Well Sprint refused to admit that their 3G network can't support the Iphone 5 and to add insult to injury she wouldn't accomodate me in any way.  In November 2012, Sprint cut off my phone, because I refuse to pay for Sprint's lack of service and I went to Verizon.  I haven't had any problems even inside of my apartment, in the elevators, in the laundry room, in every area of my city of which Sprint couldn't provide service.  They did send me to collections so now I'm looking into filing a civil complaint since there's no more class action lawsuits.  I just need proof that Sprint can't accomodate the service that they are selling people.  It's fraud in it's highest form.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well it has been almost 2 months since I first reported my data and voice problem to Sprint. Turns out it’s a tower capacity issue that was supposed to be resolved end of November, then end of December and now there’s no estimated fix date. I’ve received a paltry $25 credit for my service trouble….but wait, I had to remind them to credit my account because the rep who offered me the credit forgot to post it on my account. I have spoken to probably 25 different people over the last 2 months and the lies and deception continue.

Thoroughly disgusted I stopped paying my bill…after 30 days my home phone rings and it’s an automated message stating that my services will be shut down in 48 hours if I do not pay. I call AGAIN and get escalated to a supervisor who hangs up on me. Three hours later, my son gets a return call….my son…not me; even though I provided my return phone number. I call back and once again get up to a supervisor in the finance dept. I get disconnected AGAIN. No return call. I wait 5 hours and then call back from my home phone, thinking maybe it’s my crappy service that’s causing the disconnects. I get up to a supervisor again and threaten to close my account unless I get some serious restitution. I get offered $65 for my trouble. I tell them I want to close my account, so I am forwarded to a “MANAGER” whoopee!!! But wait…I get disconnected in the transfer. No call back, despite the fact that I have provided two different call back numbers…my cell (with the crappy service) and my home land line.

I waited a full 24hrs and still did not receive a return call. I paid my delinquent bill and sent an email to customer service outlining the above. It’s three days later and I have heard nothing from Sprint. I have lost business and $$$ due to this horrible service over the last two months. I have 6 phones on my account and I pay a ridiculous amount of $$$ for the worst service I have ever experienced in 23 years of cell phone service.

Sprint you get the OSCAR for WORST service and WORST customer support……Kudos

Highlighted
Journeyman

all the posts on this site are proof because we are all witnesses nation wide plus a lot of us like me have posted screen shots of all this so that is also proof nation wide 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Agree this really is a disgrace. I've used my phone all over the US and it is the same. Sometimes works if I flip to LTE and sometimes not. Maybe I should try standing on my head.

What is odd is that speedtest at the moment thinks I am in Kansas. I know when my service is work reasonably acceptable then it's pinging close to where I am at that time.

Would be interested to hear if others have similar findings.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I live in Chicago and ping to a Chicago server every time I run a speed test.  When I am in downtown Chicago on Sprint LTE, I usually get 0.12Mbps down and around 0.41Mbps up which renders my iPhone5 USELESS for data.  I MUST have a 3G connection in order to use the internet.  In 3G, downstream is around 1Mbps...if, and I repeat, IF the netowrk is functioning correctly.  Sprint 3G data does not always work where I am located in downtown Chicago...only the 3rd largest city in the USA.  So frequently my iPhone5 goes into "roaming mode" which also renders it useless for data despite the fact that I have an everything data plan that includes ALL ROAMING.

Here's the rub....I can be 2 miles away from downtown and I will catch an LTE signal, and it works very well, but it never lasts if you're moving around.  I have noticed, however, that once connected to LTE, it is indeed very fast....around 20~25Mbps down+up.  Unfortunately, it nevers lasts....ever.  I can be WALKING and the signal will fade in and out....hop from 3G to LTE back to 3G and/or roam...all within a 2 mile walk.  Don't attempt to be doing anything while your phone is flipping back and forth between networks either.......it always ends in tears.

If I wasn't locked in with a 6-phone family plan, I would have jumped ship mid-2012.  Now I'm researching legal action, etc., and talking to a couple consumer advocates about my options.  It's interestting.......When you pay $4,100/year for piss poor service and get treated like dog shit by customer service, there are people out there that will listen to your story.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That is my point, what I mean is Sprint corporate says the resaon my service is not working even with full bars is because "geographical" reasons and because bulidings and things of that nature may be blocking the signal. But if that is true then why at my house does my old phone carrier T-mobile have full bars and stays like and at the courthouse(where I work, I'm a lawyer) everyday, 3 different malls(every time I go to them), stadiums and arenas(every time I go to them) other compines I phone 5's work just fine while mine says "no service" and stays like that until I leave and go a few blocks away, because if it was a "geographical" problem then every carrier would be having the same "geographical" problem. Also, I took a drive to see family 56 minutes 49 miles(all this according to Google maps) away going across 3 different counties from my job. Majority of the way I drive on I95 and I could not make or recive calls, send text or iMessages, and right before I took off I typed in a webpage on Ssafari and it did not load the whole way there, and Sprint corporate said it was a dead spot and "geographical". Also, on New Years right at midnight a friend of mine with an AT&T iPhone 5 call family to say happy New Years and when I tried to call out dead air over and over and he was even sending text and iMessages fine while I could not do that either. Then a few mintues later we where going some where and we had to use IOS maps or google maps so I typed the address in IOS and Google maps and it did not load and booth of them said they could not find the server. but my friends AT&T iPhone on google maps worked on the 1st try as fast as snaping your fingers while I was in the driver seat of my car and he was in the passanger seat. Sprint Also said when LTE is lunched it should make the signal a lot better for indoor use and outdoor use and belive that, but it could be a while till it is not lunched in my market(Miami/Palm Beach market) and I am loosing business because of all this as well. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I live in Los Angeles and i have the same problem. LTE fades in and out. Never lasts. Goes from LTE to 3G to "o". Half the time i get "o". Alot of my text messages dont go through. I got into a fight with a friend because he sent me a few text messages explaining me something and one of them didnt come through. He thought i was complete dumb ass bc he apparently spelled out eveything in the text which i didnt get. Meanwhile 6 hours later that text comes in randomly. To sum up, ive hade the iphone 5 for a few months now and the coverage is the worst ive seen in the 5 years ive been with sprint. Its absolute Bullshit! I hope they fix this shit ASAP!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Sprint iphone     

I purchased 2 iphone5 for my business in December I have had nothing but problems with both phones, I have done everything that Sprint has ask me to do to correct the problem including driving over an hour away 2 different times once to an official Sprint store and one to an Apple store. I have on an average over 20 drop calls a week and when I talk it sounds like I'm under water. Very often when I try to access my email I'm told can not connect to the internet. I pay for a service that I'm not receiving. I have been a Sprint customer for 10 years, but of course Sprint could care less!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here in mn. Besides zero freezing temps, my phone went CABOSCHHHH!

So I visited the sprint Apple valley mn repair store fri eve feb 1/13.

Troy said i have Insurance to fully cover all repair cost. My Galaxy s2, BUT, later, he runs back,  the tech says theres moisture damage. He showed me the tiniest pink on the white dots.

Issues:  Faulty battery, faulty charge port, continual over charge popups, dinging all day,  software issue bug deleting contacts and pics, one bar or zero reception, continual MENU popups and buzzing(like my first galaxy did brand new sept 4/12, savage store Jesse D. said"we cant help you take it to AV repair". Even though it was within the 14 day guarantee policy) .

So now the AV store replaced only the battery and ignored all my other issues. They said, "call sprint".  I did, Sprint said they will send a replacement( its the one year garantee),BUT," if my old phone has any moisture damage(pink dot) then i will be billed for the new phone". Hah! What? Seriously?

So why do i pay extra $10 monthly fee for Insurance? Its a sham.

Note: Moisture condences on any object from cold to warm.

Also, a phone in a pocket will get body moisture.

So why does the manufactures not seal the phone? Why dosnt sprint own up to there responsibilty , yet charge us for it ?

Huge money. Thats why.

Sounds like tmobile to me.

Same bs different day.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was on the blackberry bold 9650 and that thing was awful. It was so slow, laggy and buggy. I was so excited to purchase the iPhone. Ironically, the BB out performs the iPhone.

If the phone is on a wifi connection, it's AMAZING. Smooth, responsive, quick, no issue. As soon as I get on the sprint network, it all goes straight to hell.

I'm constantly on o and the 3G might as well be the same. There is literally no difference between the two for me.

I live in central florida, so I know the coverage here is very very very subpar.

I constantly get the errors of having an offline internet connection or unable to activate the cellular data network.  If I can magically end up in an area where there's some slight coverage, the data is painfully slow. It might as well not even work. It worked decently in a parking lot for a short while but that was only once. As soon as I leave my house, this occurs. I step outside the door and the phone becomes worthless.

Lucikly I have been able to text just fine and make/recieve phone calls. I reset my network settings and updated the network and it did nothing. Shortly after, I tested to see if I could still get calls and it went steaight to voicemail. Moments later it accepted calls.

Oddly enough, i've been able to get e-mails with no issue, even being only on the network.

I'm not going to bother to fully reset the phone or anything, seeing as how I'm going back to the sprint store tomorrow. I've only had this phone for a full DAY.

It's the strangest thing how people with older models have no issue. Even generally new phones. Yet somehow, the iPhone 5 is such a huge issue.

I'll see how things go tomorrow and if I'm not happy, I'll report them to the BBB. I might just do it anyway.

Sprint should have gotten everything together BEFORE releasing the iPhone on their network.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This will be my last post as a sprint member after 15 years. I cant handle the lies anymore. I have the iphone5 and we all know the 3G service sucks. I was in Atlanta and had LTE and phone worked fine. I have been given the back and forth between sprint and apple and both of them tell me its a 3g network issue. I filed my bbb complaint and my case manager is useless. I have done everything they told me even tho I knew it wouldnt help and she keeps telling me the service in my area is fine. I have had it and will pay the ETF and take them to small claims court bc what they are doing is wrong. Makes me so mad that sprint can just keep denying. I know they could care less about one person leaving but I will be telling everyone I know via social media how sprint has unfair business practices. Its not the $350 that gets me its the fact that they think we are all stupid. I have included the letter she sent me letting me know that the service I am getting is what sprint classifies as good service. A little advice sprint, dont lie to your customers about your crappy service. Your 3G network is over loaded and cant handle the iphone 5.

see you in court.

We appreciate your assistance in bringing our customers’ concerns to our attention.

As stated in our initial response, we have thoroughly reviewed Mr. complaint and notesthat our Technical Support Group conducted a test on his local calling area. As such, it was confirmed that Mr. has substantial signal in his calling area, based on his address in , NE. Additionally, our Technical Support Group re-examined for possible impairments. In checking our internal coverage tools, it shows the drops/blocks for voice and data usage remain less than 2 percent with no new outages observed.

Please be advised that we attempted to follow up with Mr. to further discuss our findings, without success. Should Mr. wish to discuss this matter, we urge him to contact us upon receipt of this letter. We apologize for any inconvenience that Mr. may have experienced while attempting to resolve this matter.

We trust this letter responds to your inquiry. If I may be of further assistance, you can reach me directly by calling 201-355-5062. I am available Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Eastern Time.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, I've had my phone more than 14 days (a couple months) so that isn't an option. The service problem only started after I updated to 6.1 recently. I tried the service update and after several failed messages it completely however, it did not change the problem. NOW WHAT SPRINT??

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat