cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5 service Problems?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Iphone 5 service Problems?

Well I received my 32GB Iphone 5 on 9/21 at 3pm ET and ever since then I have been having problems with the service. I live in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area and between 2 countys I am getting 1 bar with data speeds slower than edge speed or full bars or 1 or 2 bars missing with a circle for the data speed and it cuts off a lot between 3G and the circle (no data) a lot, and because of that Imessage is not working right so I can't see when someone types messages to me or reads my messages, Siri keeps messing up a lot because of data speeds and it keeps getting disconnected, reminders cannot remind me of any reminders via location, and Facebook and Instagram always seem to load way slower then edge speeds. I had called sprint a few times about this and they cannot seem to help me out on the phone and for no reason once some rep put me on hold for about 7 minutes for what he said was to look up more info about the problem, but without notice he transferred me to a supervisor witch I was on the phone with less than 2 minutes and we hung up and got nowhere, then another time I was transferred to another department and I had to repeat my story as I did to the 1st rep just for them not to know anything and we hung up and all I did was go in the circles. I am starting to get fed up because basically I am getting no help with my phone and it is not working and in the state the phone/service is in the phone is pretty much unless. Is any one else in Florida and any where else in the United States havinf problems like mine or any service problems at all let me know please. Also, I would like an answer on what to do to fix this asap? please and thanks before I end up loosing it with sprint.

279 REPLIES 279
Highlighted
Journeyman

None of my problems have improved either. I do ##873283# at least 3 times a day. It seems when I do that I have a 15 minute window to send picture mail and text messages.i receive many voicemails with no missed calls. I have called my phone from a friends phone and my phone goes directly to voicemail. Terrible service! which was never an issue for me before. As I said before this is my 3rd 64 mb iPhone 5. I have spent hours and hours in the sprint store and in the apple store. Each time I call for help I am told that my issue is an isolated issue and nothing has been reported on it. Definitely worst experience in my 11+ years with sprint. No one wants to help. Virtually no data connection without wifi. I have documented with screenshots many times, but I don't do that much anymore because it is constant. Sprint really let us all down with this phone. My Evo 3d, Samsung moment, Motorola razr3 never had the problems this had. I hoped after a month or so sprint would figure it out and get it together with this phone. But nothing yet. I'm in Beverly Hills, California.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Fergie_B wrote:

I'm so sorry to hear that you're experiencing so many issues with your data connection and your iPhone 5.  I'll be glad to assist you any way that I can.  Since you've called into us recently, I'm sure you've been walked through some troubleshooting steps.  Can you tell me what has already been done to troubleshoot your device?  Also, if you could provide me with your city state and nearest cross streets that would be helpful as well.  I know you mentioned you have the issue everywhere, but knowing where you use the device the most frequently will be helpful.

Sincerely

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support
Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Fergie_B, all due respect but I'm sure things have changed since my switch tech days with sprint (before they handed over all its remaining switch techs to Ericson),  but why would you ask the customer to repeat what should be in his/her ticket? Once you have reviewed the notes, why can't you just pull up this customer’s history and noticed dropped calls, connection errors and any cell tower data that applies? There used to be a time even the switch tech's could query a customer’s phone number in the switch and pull up everything from the trunk group down to the T1 they used for the call, all the trunk groups the call hit and call codes (rather it was completed or a dropped call and if it was OUR equipment’s fault or the customers (like hanging up. But pulling the battery simulates a dropped call). And, with that info, pull up the circuit layout at the switch site (we used FMS – Facilities Management System) and pin down rather it's Sprints equipment or the customers by reviewing the history. By asking the customer  to repeat all the info that should be in the current trouble ticket (there is a trouble ticket on this customer, right?) then all you’re doing is wasting her/his time instead of fixing the issue. Sprint has fallen back so much on its old ways of dealing with customers issues (handing them off, blowing them off or just ignoring them hoping they will just deal with it and go away), now when I'm asked now for my input on cell service, I steer them away from Sprint. It's not a good value when you have the SLOWEST overall network and most trouble prone than any other carrier. Yes, big Red has issue to but they have twice the customers but much much less issues. It's just downright embarrassing and I don’t even work for the company anymore.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just want to say that I too have not had any improved service on the phone, with sprint customer "don't" care or anything. I recently filed a ticket with the Better Business Bureau, got a call from Terrence Morgan  from the Executive & Regulatory Services division of Sprint, missed the call, sent him an email and he wrote back saying he would not be calling me back, that he sent it to a different division...UM dodging the complaint?

I think each of you should file a complaint with the BBB. it only takes a second and maybe it will help.

JD Powers gave sprint their higest rating for customer care as well...I will be contacting them next to complain. A company with such poor service and clear lack of regard for their product performance should not get to brag about being great.

My photos dont send, still no email unless on wifi, no internet unless on wifi, cant use maps, cant use Siri, calls dont come in... bunch of crap.

I am thinking I may head to Apple again and try a 5th new phone. Maybe Ill get lucky. Im the meantime, I will continue calling sprint for credits on my account. I am not paying for service that doesnt work.

(I am in Nor CA)

Highlighted
Journeyman

I called Sprint again today and filed a formal complaint, not that it will do much good, and they said I should receive a response within 72 hours via email because they are so good when it comes to personalized customer service.

They did inform that they are well aware now because of all the problems that the iPhone 5 owners are having they know that there is a major problem with the iPhone 5s not working on the data network. They assured me that they are diligently working to correct the problem, LOL, and that it should be fixed in one more week. Yeah right!

They also informed me that if I call back in a week that they will credit me for the time that my data hasn't been working properly but they can't give me any adjustments to my account today because they have to fix the problem first so they will know how much time to credit my account.

I say everyone needs to file a complaint with the BBB regarding this issue immediately! Sprint can't be allowed to screw their customers like this!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

How have some of you gotten account credits? With all my wasted time on the phone with sprint and applecare, and as I said hours and hours in the sprint store -since launch day when I received my preordered phone, I have not received a single credit to my account for the lack of data and service with phone. Not a single rep has told me they are aware of a problem with the iPhone5 and sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was just bitchy and told them I am not going to pay for service I cannot use, and that it was fradulent what they were doing. After being transferred 5 times, I managed to get $15 and $35, tho the $35 has not yet credited to my account...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here is an update from the portland area I am. On my third device and my second SIM card. As of one hour ago my issue is still not resolved. This last time today I got swapped out for a new iPhone 5 and a new sim. At the request of apple I did not preform a back up I set up the phone as new phone. We then updated to 6.01 after everything was setup I walked out of the store which I was on their wifi  as soon as I lost the wifi signal the donut appeared. So I tried the ##update# waited and the service updated failed I tried using the Internet and nothing. I just don't know what todo at this point. Has anyone been able to fix this issue I even tried activating through iTunes like people have suggested.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Glad I found this post I have all the same issues.  Actually I reset everything to a new phone about a month ago and it was working ok - when I say ok its not comparable even to my old AT&T unlimited plan where they were throttling me but worked all the same.  Now its back to getting the circle with no data.  Reception at home is terrible and a call dropped 3 times in a 5 mins span the other day so much so that I had to go back to my work phone with another provider....not good.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Almost 58,000 views and over 200 post on just this thread and we still have no fix for the bad service we are getting on the Iphone 5. My wife wants me to turn her old Evo back on because this thing is not letting her do anything. She cannot even use pandora unless she is hooked to wifi and forget sending or receiving and email or text messages with picture. Half the time her text message fail to send at all. Basicly we all have over priced Ipod touches that let use sometimes talk on the phone. Come on sprint/apple get this thing fixed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

OK folks...I wanted to update you on my BBB claim. I got a call from sprint. They just sent me a new iphone 5 and said they are crediting me for the past 3 months. I had to pay tax on the phone but they said it would be reimbursed on my next bill. We will see if this new phone makes a difference. It is not an apple swap out, but a brand new unopened full phone box. Maybe I will get lucky. This will make phone #5 for me...

Also, I just got emails that 2 other members replied to this post, but their posts dont show up...were they deleted?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, I noticed that right after NICNAC1030 made a post about a class action lawsuit against Sprint his post along with a reply from another member got deleted because I was going to reply as well. I was going to break the news to him that he would be out of luck in regards to trying to get a class action lawsuit going against Sprint because thanks to a U.S. Supreme Court ruling in 2011 (AT&T vs. Concepcion) consumers no longer have the right to file class action lawsuits against wireless carriers. I believe this is why Sprint is in no hurry to resolve the issues with iPhone 5 and why they can get away with defrauding us. We can each take them to small claims court individually but that is the most that we can do. Sprint doesn't carry because Sprint is just like the Honey Badger only it likes our money and not snakes! I still haven't heard from Sprint in regards to my BBB complaint and I probably never will. I have been with Sprint since 2000 as a loyal customer and this is how they treat me....it's despicable!

Highlighted
Journeyman

sorry...AT&T vs. Concepcion

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat