Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5 service Problems?

Journeyman

Iphone 5 service Problems?

Well I received my 32GB Iphone 5 on 9/21 at 3pm ET and ever since then I have been having problems with the service. I live in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area and between 2 countys I am getting 1 bar with data speeds slower than edge speed or full bars or 1 or 2 bars missing with a circle for the data speed and it cuts off a lot between 3G and the circle (no data) a lot, and because of that Imessage is not working right so I can't see when someone types messages to me or reads my messages, Siri keeps messing up a lot because of data speeds and it keeps getting disconnected, reminders cannot remind me of any reminders via location, and Facebook and Instagram always seem to load way slower then edge speeds. I had called sprint a few times about this and they cannot seem to help me out on the phone and for no reason once some rep put me on hold for about 7 minutes for what he said was to look up more info about the problem, but without notice he transferred me to a supervisor witch I was on the phone with less than 2 minutes and we hung up and got nowhere, then another time I was transferred to another department and I had to repeat my story as I did to the 1st rep just for them not to know anything and we hung up and all I did was go in the circles. I am starting to get fed up because basically I am getting no help with my phone and it is not working and in the state the phone/service is in the phone is pretty much unless. Is any one else in Florida and any where else in the United States havinf problems like mine or any service problems at all let me know please. Also, I would like an answer on what to do to fix this asap? please and thanks before I end up loosing it with sprint.

279 REPLIES 279
Journeyman

Yes my post was mysteriously deleted.....

Journeyman

I am sorry to hear all you guys' complaints. I was one of the lucky ones who couldn't wait for the fix and returned the iphone 5 within 14 days to get a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and a S3. Let me tell you, I haven't regretted my decision ever since. I am loving the bigger screen. There is no problems at all with these two beasts. I get fast 3G and in the process 4G speeds (living in Northern California) as fast or even faster than my old evo 4G. There are no internet disconnects and I haven't gotten a drop call or failed texts yet in my one month use.

My sincere suggestion for you people who are stuck with the iphone 5: sell your iphone on craigslist/ebay and absorb a little loss, and go for the Samsung S3 or Note 2. You won't regret it. Good luck to you all.

Journeyman

Hi All,

I was told to diable LTE on my iPhone 5. This helped me from performing the airplane mode on/off toggle for the first couple days but now my phone is acting the same way. After almost every phone call I am not able to access data.

Sounds like some people have had success getting credits for previous months - can folks confirm this? Also, does it make sense to repost the deleted FCC/ BBB thread?

Journeyman

I went to the Apple store and swapped out for a brand new Iphone 5 and I'm still having the same issues regarding several text messages not received at all, some incoming text messages are delayed by 1-2 days, some incoming calls are never received, voicemails are downloaded hours later instead of immediately, unable to send out all text messages depending on which spot I am standing in and this is all within feets of an AirRave.  Weekends are worst.  Also, I've experienced delayed text messages and calls not coming in outside of this dead zone area (San Fernando Valley area).  So it's not the phone it's the Sprint network.

Journeyman

Android is better suited for Sprint, however, I don't think Sprint network can accommodate the iphone.  Android is a better market for Sprint.  I don't recommend absorbing any type of loss, because Sprint is selling a phone they can't accommodate and that's false advertising.  It may work in some areas but not all areas and this is a glitch that Sprint hasn't wrapped their hands around just yet.  In the meanwhile, consumers need to be accommodate until this get fixed, give everyone or those who live within the troubled area vast warning and allow those that were tricked to trade for an equivalent phone. I'm not taking a loss for a service and phone I pay for.  Sprint has an obligation and despite that we can't file a class action lawsuit then I'll guess I'll file my individual loss suit against Sprint.  No more losses. 

Journeyman

So, I had upgraded 2 of my 3 lines to iPhone 5's.  I couldn't believe how bad the service was.  My 3rd line on Sprint is an iPhone 4--it consistently outperformed the iPhone 5's when on 3G.  When you are lucky enough to get LTE, the phone is blazing fast.  I went back to the store and they were no help.  I called on Friday and got a helpful person in customer service.  She went through the basic "fixes" they are supposed to try.  It was no help.  She at least DID admit that they were having issues.  She actually read me part of a communication that she had just received.  They were instructed to try the fixes and then let the customer know that they were researching the issue, but had no ETA.  Customer Service reps were then informed to "note the account" (not sure for what purpose).  I appreciate the fact that she was at least honest.  I confirmed that there would be no re-stocking nor upgrade fees if I returned them.  She confirmed no fees (I had her make notes documenting that part of the discussion as well).

I took the phones back to the store and they asked me what was wrong with them.  They played as if they had never heard of this issue.  They asked me where I lived.  I gave them the cross-streets.  They told me that they had been having problems with a tower in that area for some time.  I find that interesting for 2 reasons:  1) why does it matter where I live?  I wasn't buying a home phone, I was buying a MOBILE phone; and 2) if they knew about these significant tower issues, how could they actually sell me new phones?

The store manager did seem a bit concerned as I was walking out the door as I asked about early termination fees.  She seemed sympathetic to the issue, but couldn't do anything for me. Her request was that I not leave Sprint.  I asked if she could give me a reason not to--she had nothing.  I could probably even live with this if we had a firm date, but they haven't even diagnosed the problem, much less solved it.  Heck, they just starting admitting to it--and not everyone is even doing that!!!

I explained to the store manager that I was tired of not getting what I paid for.  Can you imagine going to Target, purchasing a basket full of merchandise, paying for it, but then being told that Target would just keep half of the merchandise???  This is exactly the same thing.  It's fraud at best, theft at worst.  The store manager couldn't even disagree with me on that point.

I am now back to old phones while I decide what to do.  Interesting that the service on the old phones is now worse than ever.  It seems to me that they have completely let the 3G network fail while they are implementing the new network.

I am actually willing to let Sprint out of my contract.  I agreed to pay them X amount.  In return, they agreed to provide me service (although I recognize there are no standards here).  I have kept my end of the bargain, I just don't want to pay an ETF because of their failure.  Actually, I really don't want to leave.  They took a very satisified customer who had not even contemplated leaving and turned me into someone who can't wait to get out.

Ok, I'll get off my soap box now.  I think I'll go have a beer and enjoy the unlimited data that I can't use.

Journeyman

Sprint iphone 5 data issues continue after 2 months.  Spoken to 3 supervisors in the Network ticketing department promised a resolution by November 17th.  Guess what no reoslution just more lies of we are doing everything we can.  Or maybe I should restore myphone again just to past time by or maybe I should go to the apple store to get a replacement because its fun.  Stop the slow walking me and get-her done.  I dont even get a upload speed. Download speed is .07 mbps when i live less than a mile from the tower.  They know its a capacity issue but still want fix it.IMG_0404 2.jpg

Journeyman

Went from Android to Iphone 5 and Sprint is robbing people at their best right about now.  I've been with Sprint/Nextel for over 10 years. In the San Fernando Valley (15 minutes outside of Hollywood, CA), the service area is horrible.  Sprint has admitted to capacity issues since the new Iphone 5 has came out. Also, Sprint has admitted that I live in a dead zone area even though Alethea Bush (the one who's handling my BBB complaint) has told me that her engineer tested my area and has advised her I'm not experiecing any issues.  I was taken back by her statement as if I'm hallucinating about all these issues I'm having.  At that point I didn't want anything else to do with Sprint and even though it can't be a class action suit I'm definitely going to Small Claims Court to have my issue heard.  I'm still waiting on Sprint's final resolution to all my issues.  Towers were suppose to been fixed in September, but I think they hit the wrong switch because it's gotten worst.

Here's my issue:

1) Unable to send out most of my text (takes about 15+ times of resending before it actually goes out...very frustrating)

2) Incoming text are delayed by days if I receive them at all (I rather not get the text then to get it 2 days later...very frustrating)

3) Some  incoming text are never received (my friends: Did you get my text?)

3) Most voicemails comes through about 8 hours laters

4) Unable to use WiFi in my area

5) Experience several dropped calls within feet of an AirRave (that's a joke some times). I'm told that my internet speed isn't fast enough to     support the AirRave and I still don't understand how that is my fault when I pay for a service. So I have to pay more for my internet to receive cell phone service. Sprint is a joke at this point.

6) Don't receive most of my incoming calls. My friends especially my daughter always complain about me not answering my phone and I will tell them it doesn't show a missed call and I have to wait until tomorrow to get your voicemail and/or text.

Journeyman

I'm now being told that the ETR is the 26th (ticket 1181), but it seems like everytime I call into Tech Support it's a different date. First they told me the 11th, then the 16th, then the 17th, and now the 26th. Have they identified the root of the issue yet, or is that was has been causing the delay?

After dealing with two senior IOS advisors at Apple, two genius bar appointments, a sim card replacement, Apple engineering ticket, and over 10 hours on the phone with Sprint, this is getting to be ridiculous. A lot of $ for a 64gig iphone 5 and have had little to no 3g data for over two weeks now. Will be close to a month by the 26th, if by miracle the date doesn't get pushed back even further...AGAIN. There's no LTE in my area, but that's ok-- all I wanted was to have a nice new iphone running on slow Sprint 3g and I would have been happy, but can't even get that...

Sprint tech support, Apple, and ##update# should really be on my speed dial by now.

Journeyman

I am in exactly the same spot. Lucky to get .20 Mps with a full signal. Tried everything.

Wizard

TC1-USCG-RET,

First, let me apologize for my delayed response.  As you can imagine, I have been buried in email for the past several weeks.  To answer your question, as a tech I need to ask as many probing questions as I can.  Given at this point that a ticket may have not been created, I absolutely need as much information as possible to determine if a ticket needs to be created or if further troubleshooting may need to be performed.  If a ticket needs to be created, there is information that needs to be documented in the ticket which at this time I do not have.  The last thing I want to do is waste time, however I do need information in order to provide a resolution.

Sincerely

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support
Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Wizard

To all of the above,

I would like to provide an update that there is a current known issues with the iPhone 5 and data service.  Apple and Sprint are currently working on a resolution and the current estimated time of repair is 11/26/2012.  For those of you who provided me information, I would like to thank you.  Reporting your issues helps our technicians to collect the necessary information to resolve your issue faster.  Thank you for hanging in there with us.  I will keep you posted as further information becomes available.

Sincerely

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support
Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat