cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5 wont text sms

Highlighted
Journeyman

Iphone 5 wont text sms

I upgraded last night from a 4s to a 5. Text worked this morning but now doesnt. Imessage works great but regualr texts to non iphone users does not work. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had this same problem with my phone today. It is sporadically failing to send and receive messages, and I'm getting the error code 2112.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ever since I updated to this iPhone 5 I have had nothing but problems with it. first it doesnt send text messages when i send them and no notification till after it acts like it was sent. Second it sends people text messages more than 3 times up to 10 to certain recipants this is a problem with sprint message service and it is causing issues making me wish i didnt sign this 2 year aggreement and switched to verizon. Third SPRINT is being cheap and not providing us high paying customers with the ability of using 4G or 4G LTE in areas which is ridiculous we are 4 years behind the competition so how can SPRINT say they are still relevant.

SIGNED,

A PISSED OFF SPRINT CUSTOMER

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am also having this issue.  Some text messages I have sent (not using iMessage) are being labeled as "not delivered" by my iPhone.  Picture attachments are also being not delievered.  I have done "Reset Network Settings", "Reset All Settings", even dialed ##update# to make sure my network updates are up to par, but it has not resolved the issue (it only seems to give a temporary fix).

However, the text messages (no picture attachments) DO GO THROUGH THE NETWORK.  I have confirmed with my contacts whether they have recieved the text or not, and the ones indicated as "Not Delivered" in my iPhone they do recieve.  The reason why they would receive duplicates is because I would force the iPhone to resend the "Not Delievered" texts.  The issue has become more of a nuisance not knowing if the messages do really go through, and I sure do not want to bombard my contacts with the duplicate texts.

I am not sure if this is a Sprint network issue or an iPhone issue.  Not too sure either if non-Sprint-iPhone users are having the same issue (Verizon and ATT).  I plan on contacting Apple to check the diagnostics and try to resolve the issue on my free time, and will repost of any findings.  

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat