Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My iphone 5 won't make or receive calls

Journeyman

My iphone 5 won't make or receive calls

When I use the bluetooth in my car it works fine both ways, but when I use the phone itself the calls will dial out but I will hear nothing. Others know they have been called but I can't hear them. When others call me, I will either hear nothing or the volume will be extremely low to where I can barely hear them. I have checked all volume settings/airplane mode/do not disturb and none of these is the problem. Sometimes the call will be faint and then cut in and out of normal volume. I have tried soft resets, reconnecting to the network, and the #UPDATE# call but nothing has worked. Help????

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Master

Re: My iphone 5 won't make or receive calls

Pater616

Hi there. I'm sorry to hear that you're having so many issues with the phone. The only step I don't see is a full reset back to factory. Have you done a full reset back to factory? If so, this sounds like it's a hardware issue. Have you taken the phone in for service? How long has this been an issue?

Robin
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have done all the same steps as above and I also factory reset my phone(5c) and I cannot recieve calls at all but I am able to make calls. What else can I do?

Highlighted
Master

JessicaNichole24,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Are you aware if there is an error message being heard from the party trying to call you? Also we would like for you to contact us via email at Sprintcares@sprint.com. Within this email includes your Sprint phone number, six to ten digit pin/ security question answer, and a link to this post. We would like to make sure there are no blocks on the account.

- JaSherai
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat