cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My newly activated (from the Apple Store) iPhone 5 claims it is not and is searching for signal. Why is this happening? It worked for the past two days though. I need help.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My newly activated (from the Apple Store) iPhone 5 claims it is not and is searching for signal. Why is this happening? It worked for the past two days though. I need help.

I just replaced my iPhone 5 that died with a new one. It was activated at the Apple Store and was working for the past two days until now. My phone keeps "searching" for a signal, so I did the ##873283# profile update and it says, "iPhone is not Activated. Contact your carrier if this problem continues to occur." Help! This is frustrating considering I do not have a landline and it's Easter weekend so coordinating family events has been frustrating.

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: My newly activated (from the Apple Store) iPhone 5 claims it is not and is searching for signal. Why is this happening? It worked for the past two days though. I need help.

I also have an AIRRAVE in my home because of the bad reception I have in my East Nashville home.

I just tried to do a factory reset and it said it was having trouble "deregistering" my iPhone, and to please "try again later."  I couldn't even do a factory reset!!! :-/

Message was edited by: MAXESAX1

Journeyman

Re: My newly activated (from the Apple Store) iPhone 5 claims it is not and is searching for signal. Why is this happening? It worked for the past two days though. I need help.

Just because the apple store put your old sim card in your device, you need to do an ESN change, this can be done online, you will probably need to slide the sim card out and need that number as well. The ESN number or the IMEI number can be found on the box, or inside the phone under settings, hope this helps!

Master

MAXESAX1

Thank you very much for your post. My apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you. When you had your device swapped out did they just switch out the SIM card or did they also change the device numbers on your account. It sounds as if this was not done. You can do this yourself online at our website or you can call in to our customer care department to have this done for you as well.

Alex
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

They changed the device numbers online at Sprint.com. When I sign in to my Sprint account and go to my device the new phone's ICCID/MEID and SIM numbers are correctly labeled with the new phone and existing SIM card. Also, when I go to General > About the ICCID/MEID numbers are not listed in the phone. I have a Sprint Store appointment today to make sure it isn't a communication problem, but I would rather get this resolved before leaving work and spending another couple hours with my five-year-old in the store.

Master

MAXESAX1,

I would be happy to look into your account to ensure the information is correct. Could you please send me a private message and include your number, account pin or password and the SIM information.

Thank you
Bran
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi,

Apple's good service and phone replacement is limited to if your phone is under warranty.

I just experienced the never-ending searching and wanted to share some advice.

I traveled out of the cellular network and turned off my phone.  The phone was turned back on when I returned to an area where the phone previously connected to the network.  When the phone began searching for the network I performed the recommended trouble shooting steps, power on/off, reset network, took it to the Spring store, etc than to the Apple store.  No connection success.  Although the phone could connect via wi-fi and everything else worked fine the phone would not connect to the cellular network and phone and internet service was not available.  I asked  the Apple Genius Bar if their efforts would still allow me to update my phone via the backup information on the icloud.  The answer was yes.  However after all their efforts my phone was returned to me and can only be used as a paperweight.  The phone is USELESS, locked in the set up menu and is continues to search for a network.  The phone cannot access my contact or search via wi-fi. 

DO NOT ATTEMPT A FACTORY RESET or Let Apple attempt removing/adding your device to existing cellular service unless your phone is under warranty or you are prepared to purchase a new phone.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat