cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO DATA in 1x or 3G with iPhone5 using iOS 7

Go to solution
Master

Re: NO DATA in 1x or 3G with iPhone5 using iOS 7

blackmx3 - Hello, I am glad to hear that you were able to get your problem fixed. Firmware comes straight from the manufacturer. Let us know if you need anything else.

Manhill

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

blackmx3gs, We are aware that there is a small percentage of iphone 5's that experience this issue. While we do not know what causes this issue, we do have a solution. Once it is confirmed that the device will not connect to 3g after the iOs7 update, it is replaced. This must be confirmed by an in store representative.  Hope that this clears things up.

Sarah G

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

SarahG,

Thank you very much for the response.  So assuming the percentage of iPhone 5 owners impacted is small, I would hazard a guess that chances are extremely slim that I would be impacted by this again on my replacement iPhone 5.  That being said, I'll probably wait for the 7.1 release to update my iOS as from what I understand the update should be arriving very soon.

Thanks again.

Master

angeljaylin,

Thank you for the reply. I'm sorry that you're having data issues with your iphone.  I'd like to help clear up some confusion and see what we can do for you.  The airave booster that they had referred to doesn't boost your wifi signal; it utilized your in home wifi connection to boost voice and data coverage to your phone.  I understand that in your case that may not be of service to you because you can access wifi in your home but it does speak of a possibly larger issue that we need to explore and that is the strength and quality of the data signal from the tower serving your area.  Can you please provide the zip code and nearest cross streets to your location so we can see the tower proximity, service trends and proposed enhancements?  This will allow us to assess your issue in detail and find the root cause of your issue.  Thank you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Journeyman

I'm having the same issue as everyone else-- often switching from LTE to 1x to 3G, with most of my time in 1x. It's really frustrating and it seems to be draining my battery. It's worse when I'm at work (zip code 60153 S 1st Ave and 17th St) than when at home (60622- Augusta and Paulina), so there may be a network component to this, but my connectivity issues certainly sound the same as everyone else's here. I've tried the hard reset several times to no avail. I recently updated to iOS 7.0.6 but nothing seemed to change. Any ideas? I'm getting really frustrated, especially with the lack of sending/receiving texts, and getting voicemails when my phone never rang. I'm about at my wits end. Thanks for anything you can do to help.

Master

raceman94,

With 1x you are still getting a signal from our towers that is not a roaming signal. If you go to extended that is when you are roaming.  I do hope this helps clarify for you.

Thank you,

Anthony

Social Care Team

Master

blackmx3gs,

It is highly unlikely that your replacement would have same issues. If you want to wait for a future update (we don't have any official info on this) that is fine as well. I personally did the update to 7.0.6 and so far so good.

Dania
Social Care
Master

Cloudnet639

Thank you for sharing the fix you found.

Eduardo

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Just an update on my end, after trying everything under the sun with Apple... I finally contacted Sprint because Apple created a troubled ticket with Sprint and they said " there is nothing wrong with our towers in your area"

So after 2 weeks fighting with Apple  - they are sending me a new phone. So that makes 3 new phones since February....

Lets hope 3rd time is a charm but this is ridiculous

Highlighted
Journeyman

I can tell you that a new phone may not work.  My wife got a new replacement Iphone and sim card, but we both still get the 1x and 3g switching while standing still.  Both Apple and Sprint cannot provide an answer to why this happened when upgrading to IOS7.0.2.

So we are both experiencing this issue with no end in sight.  I'm hoping that 7.1 will resolve this.

I would tend to believe this is an Apple issue since it only started happening when I upgraded the IPHONE from 6.x to 7.02.

But when you are in a strong 3g or 4g area, the phone works fine.  It only happens when the 3g signal is weak.

Master

vituja,

Thanks for commenting on this topic and providing your feedback. Hopefully with the release of our 800 MHz spectrum for voice, will also help to alleviate this issue for you as well because it does provide a better in building on and on street signal quality for your phone.

Morris L.

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Same 1x 3G issue no data my cell number is [Personal Information Removed] pin [Personal Information Removed]

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. To protect your privacy, please do not post any personal information including phone numbers, full address, email address, or account number and/or PIN.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat