cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO DATA in 1x or 3G with iPhone5 using iOS 7

Go to solution
Journeyman

NO DATA in 1x or 3G with iPhone5 using iOS 7

I have been unable to pass data (email, internet, etc) since the iOS 7 update.  Also just went to iOS 7.0.2.  It works fine in LTE.  If I am in 3G or 1X I get zero data.  I can make calls and text (but not MMS).  It does work with wifi, but not 3G or 1X.  Been in four different cities last few weeks, problem persists. Went into sprint store and they said I had the "authentication issue" and made an appointment at the Apple store and swapped it out.  New phone, same issues.  Definitely on Sprint service end (or an issue with Sprint and iOS7).  I have tried to update the PRL (##UPDATE#) and or clear the network settings and no help.  If I am on wifi, it does update the PRL, issue remains.  If I am on 3G or 1X the update fails and when I try to get email or internet it says "can not activate cellular data network."  Given that LTE coverage is spotty at best in most major cities I travel to, my previously decent iPhone 5 is now no more than a glorified iPod.  Any ideas???

220 REPLIES 220
Wizard

Re: NO DATA in 1x or 3G with iPhone5 using iOS 7

eric.rahman,

Thank you for your post. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your phone since the iOS update. Can you tell me are the issues that you are having with the data everywhere you go or is it at one specific location? Also can you tell me which version of iOS 7 you are currently on?

Thank you

*Stephanie

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

As I stated in my original post, "Also just went to iOS 7.0.2" and "Been in four different cities last few weeks, problem persists." So yes it happens everywhere I've been

Journeyman

I am also having this exact problem when i called tech support i was told that im not paying for 3g/lte data which i think is bogus because im charged an additional $10 per month for "Premium" data when im not getting anything since the update!!!! Please Help

Journeyman

I'm having the same problem after the 7.0.2 update. No data and phone keep switching between 1x and 3G.

Journeyman

TO ALL with IOS 7 issues, GO to applestore! This is a Software Issue, not a sprint issue. Google issues for IOS7 and you will find it is not just sprint but all IOS7 devices. This happened with IOS6 last year so this should not be new to anyone with an iphone. Apple Will flash your device at the store and fix / replace as it is a software not a service problem. Thank you all for reading this! SprintBot OUT!

Journeyman

Apple already swapped out my phone.  If it's a setting, then I need to know what setting to fix.  Apple isn't magically fixing this unless there is another iOS update specifically to address this.  I'm stuck between the two of them right now.  This seems more like a Sprint network authentication issue that they need to work out with Apple, not me.  I just want a phone that works.

Journeyman

I agree.  This is an IOS7 issue but there is no fix for it.  I just posted this

Re: After IOS7 Upgrade

Journeyman

I am going to try and swap a phone tomorrow. However, some of what I am reading indicates that maybe a new SIM card might be even more effective.  I will post once I try.

Journeyman

There is a fix. Please read my EPIC FAIL post.  I just fixed my Iphone via Sprint cust service after 2 days of sheer madness.

Journeyman

Need link to your post. Thx

Journeyman

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat