cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO DATA in 1x or 3G with iPhone5 using iOS 7

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: NO DATA in 1x or 3G with iPhone5 using iOS 7

Don't feel bad. I live in an area that doesn't have 4G, LTE, or any decent SPRINT coverage & probably won't ever get with the modern program. I have an iPhone 5 and I wish that I had stayed with my DRIOD and my old carrier. I have made numerous calls about the lack of coverage but it always falls on deaf ears as the call center is in Manila, PI or in close proximity. As soon as my contract is up I'll be switching phones & carriers. It's not entirely the iPhone that's a piece of junk. It's the stone age technology that SPRINT still uses and passes off as modern. I mean come on, everybody else that sells iPhones on their network has had 4G for years. You would think that SPRINT would have a total 4G network by now. I sure hope that they get 4G LTE before my son graduates high school, btw, he's 3 now. So in closing, the iPhone isn't too bad & I haven't had any software issues in IOS7...yet, it's just the provider that seems to be lacking in the service department. P.S. for SPRINT, 87121 & you can look me up

Journeyman

Everyone that's having this issue needs to contact Apple support also. I hope we will receive a refund for this headache. Thanks

Journeyman

pbaker0, I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy with Sprints service, but this thread is specific to an issue impacting iPhone 5 users with a specific problem. Off topic posts about Sprints general service hurt our ability to get Sprint to pay attention to a legitimate problem many of us are experiencing. I for one had pretty good 3G service (with some spots of LTE, still expanding!) in my area until this problem started. In fact, of my three lines in town, two (one of which is an iPhone5) still have pretty good service - it's simply one of the three phones, which happens to be an iPhone5, can not receive cellular data when it's off LTE.

I contacted Apple support and they tried to insist it's a hardware problem and offered to replace the phone. I may pursue that avenue if the replacement phone Sprint ordered turns out to be a refurbished dud, but I'm still very weary of going the replacement phone route since some folks are reporting that doesn't resolve their issue. Perhaps it's an account level issue? Who knows, the silence by Sprint makes it very hard to figure out the best direction to take.

All I know is I get more frustrated by the day knowing I'm paying for "unlimited data" when one of my lines is entirely incapable of receiving data due to a Sprint\Apple issue that continues to go unanswered and unresolved.

Journeyman

I called a local sprint and talked to a tech guy that says he has seen this before.  He said that it could be the way the phone is connecting to the network.

He said to restore the phone, restore as a new phone and then once that it done to power down for 30 min.

After that to power up and see how the phone connects to the sprint network and if it is working to then bring your phone back from a backup file.

Does that sound familiar to anybody?

Journeyman

Hey all I went to the apple store and received a replacement phone as we'll as a brand new SIM card and I am now receiving a steady data connection it's even getting LTE which I haven't had since the iOS 7 update...has anyone else received a new SIM card and it fixed the problem?

Journeyman

I got 3 new phones and 3 new sims cards and it didn't fix the problem

Journeyman

They replaced by SIM but did not have any effect. What ios is everbody have. I have 7.0.3

Journeyman

Well I am running through updating and Restoring my backup on the "new" iphone 5.  I will let you guys know how this goes

Journeyman

Most people have reported being on 7.0.3 now, although I think the problems started with 7.0.2 for a lot of us. Sprints first response was "7.0.3 fixes that!" but obviously that hasn't been the case.

Journeyman

All,

Summarizing my situation:

Two (2) iPhone 5 phones:

phone on 7.0.0 - no issues (And I'm NOT upgrading it until this is fixed...)

phone on 7.0.3 - first had issues the day i took 7.0.2 (which was when it was released into the wild)

I've done the following on the phone that has had the issues:

• power on/off
  • soft-/hard-resets (##CLEAR#, ##UPDATE#, and settings->general->reset->reset network options)
  • full wipe of phone w/o doing restore (basically reconfigured it)
  • many calls to sprint for the above "things"
  • visit to Apple store and had the 7.0.2 phone replaced - problem persisted right there in the apple store (as they gave me a new 7.0.2 phone)
  • also got them to swap out the SIM card in the apple store
  • upgraded to 7.0.3 when it came out - to no avail

To this day, my phone is still BORKED, my wife's phone is fine. I can take voice calls ok, just no data service other than local WIFI. Last time i checked, my wife and I live in the same house - share the same cell towers etc..

what I hate the most is a lack of ownership & accountability of this issue by both vendors. Depending on who you talk to - it's like they have never heard of it before. All so very frustrating. We need traction on this issue.

Sprint? Apple? please help...

Journeyman

I feel for you skiyeti.  I upgraded both my wife's and mine to 7.0.3 and my wife reminds of that every day.  This is a software issue, not hardware.  In the end, I think Apple is responsible. 

Journeyman

I just got off the phone with sprint.  I gave them my case number and the nice lady said that they are aware of this issue and it is affecting about 80% of their customers.  I almost fell off my chair.

Really?  Just that fact that they are aware, is a huge improvement over the other conversation I and many of you had with sprint. 

80% is a huge number.  She updated my ticket.  Apple replaced my wife's Iphone and it did not make any difference.  She did suggest getting a new sim card from Apple to eliminate any potential hardware issues. 

So finally, sprint is openly acknowledging the issue.

I know Kris has helped by creating the tickets for us, but another call to let Sprint know what additional steps each of us has take may be beneficial.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat