cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 3G connectivity on iPhone 5, says its has signal, but not

Journeyman

No 3G connectivity on iPhone 5, says its has signal, but not

For about 3 weeks now my iPhone 5 hasn't been recieving any 3G coverge. I get excellent cell signal, 4 or 5 bars, but when I try to load a page through Safari, the 3G symbol turns into a 'o', and I get the 'no internet' connectivity' message. When it does decide to work, its beyond dail-up internet slow. Works fine about 2 miles from my area, and great at work, but dead at home. If it wasn't for me having wifi, I would be swimming up a creek without a paddle. Right now my phone feels like a golrified iPod. This is really becoming irritating, because I'm not home in my area all the time. It would be nice to use it when I go to the grocery store 2 blocks aways from my house or when I go for a walk. I have contacted Sprint 5 different times about this, first they told me it was the phone, contact Apple. How is it the phone when it works perfectly away from my area? Its not the phone. Then they said the cell towers in my area are being matienced and updated. It should be working fine once the reapair is over in about 3 days, we'll call you after to make sure the problem isn't still persisting. Well, that was 2 weeks ago, I got no call back and the problem is still persisting. Then on the 4th or 5th call, the woman informs me that the cell towers in my area are running at 96% capacity, there shouldn't be no issues. She proceeds to bring me through the steps of updating it, (#12345##) still no luck, then she tells me to reset my network settings, no luck, then reset and erase all contents, still no luck. She then issues me a ticket, and someone is suppose to call me (Again!). The phone was working fine before, and I'm seriously thinking the updates screwed it up.

photo.PNG

I'm almost at my wits end, I checked the coverage in my area specifcally (Spring Valley, CA 91977) and I should be getting great service. I'm very confused, I have been a new Sprint customer for about 2 months now, and not all that happy so far.

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: No 3G connectivity on iPhone 5, says its has signal, but not

Some one may help you on Monday

Journeyman

i have the same awful problems.  i am paying for unlimited data and the only data i get is off the wireless internet i already pay for.  its getting ridiculous.  every time i call sprint they blame it on apple.

Journeyman

I'm having the same problem. Is it the phone or just Sprint?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I spent the entire day between the Sprint store speaking to techs and then making an appointment and going to the Apple Store.  The problem is SPRINT - yet they have offered no solution.  I have no wireless connectivity away from my home wifi and most of my texts do not send or receive. Still waiting to hear back about what Sprint plans to do. 

My husband, daughters, parents, and other family members have iPhone 4S they have no connectivity problems and get great service!  Before I got my iPhone 5 (less than a month ago) I had an HTC Evo and had no issues with connectivity or service.  I am beyond frustrated with the entire situation.

Journeyman

Same problem with my wife's i5. Very frustrating.  This just started a couple weeks ago.

Journeyman

My Iphone 5 does not work in 3g or 1x and just fine in LTE.   Called Sprint several times and they are giving me the run around adn saying the towers are up and down, then the next day they say my phone is bad.   Have tried for the last week to use 3g or 1x and no luck.  Sprint keeps saying my phone is running using the towers and now issues.  They refuse to release me from my contract.  I am on my last string with this iphone 5.

Journeyman

see my thread.  same deal.  NO DATA in 1x or 3G with iPhone5 using iOS 7

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat