cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 3G, switches to 1x, data won't load.

Highlighted
Journeyman

No 3G, switches to 1x, data won't load.

Sprint Support Team!!! Please fix this. My wife's phone won't load any data, it will switch to 1x and not load anything. My phone is fine, somehow, but we are paying a lot for service we are not getting, and I am getting really ready to switch back to verizon. My wife is pissed, and my life is very much affected by this..... I don't know how to PM you from my phone or I would.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: No 3G, switches to 1x, data won't load.

Dillon.miller,

Thank you for posting on our community forum. I apologize for the service issues you are experiencing. I would be glad to take a look at the towers for you. May I have your zip code and cross streets to check the towers?

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

99352. As far as cross roads, it's everywhere, but we live near the intersection of Gage and Keene.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dillon.miller,

Thank you for the information. I do see in your area that we have just repaired an outage on E Reata Road and W 10th Ave. Try powercycling your phone and update the data profile this will help you connect to the towers.

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

No luck. Tried everything. Also... Took phone to sprint store today, they told us that Sunday was the last day of warranty for the phone and it was just flat out broken, and there's nothing they can do. I refuse to believe that, and I need you to send out an update, upgrade towers, call apple and figure this stuff out, whatever it takes. Phone hasn't worked right in over a month. Last time they said that chances are towers were being upgraded to lte so just hang in there and it will eventually work again... Nope. Now they say the phone is broken. Two days past warranty. And nothing can be done?????? You've got to be kidding. I was with Verizon for 8 years, this never freaking happened... No LTE where I live, and a lame excuse each time anything happens, never a real apology and never trying to make it right.

Please. Fix. This.

Make it right.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dillon.miller,

Did you visit an Apple Store? Do you have insurance?

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

We live 200 miles from the nearest apple store. The problem, however, is that we tried to get help on this a month ago, and now we are a couple days out of warranty from Sprint, when we were assured it was a service issue that should clean up. Please read entire posts before replying.

On top of that, her phone worked pretty well until all of the iOS updates, which tells me that it is NOT a hardware problem, just a compatibility issue. I have searched for similar problems, from others, and we are FAR from the only ones experiencing this.

I am doing the math to figure out if our phone trade in value is equal to our early cancellation fees of our account, which would allow us to then go back to Verizon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dillon.miller,

Please feel free to send me a Private Message by clicking on my profile name and include your full name, account number or primary phone number, and your security pin or answer to your security question.

Jen R

Sprin Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same exact problems here man, please update us with your progress with this issue. This service has just been getting worse and worse, now this. It might be worth the early termination fee's

https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/669462#669462

Journeyman

Dillion.miller,

I have been having the exact same issues you are experiencing,  It was finally resolved when Apple gave me a new phone. Sprint couldn't help me as usual, and this network is still terrible, but at least now it "works" within the limitations of the network... You know it's bad when the sprint store "tech" says "it's going to get alot worst before it gets better"

Highlighted
Journeyman

I went to the apple store to get a new phone because I too am experiencing the same issue and guess what..  I still have the same problem!!!  Its not the phone its sprint!!!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat