cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data service after iPhone 5 update 7.0.2

Journeyman

No data service after iPhone 5 update 7.0.2

Anyone else having this problem after updating to iOS 7.0.2?

34 REPLIES 34
Journeyman

Re: No data service after iPhone 5 update 7.0.2

My iphone 5, running 7.0.2, constantly shows it is only connected to the 1x service, as opposed to 3G or LTE for data and the 1x for voice.

I am in an area that always has 3G available, and usually gets pretty consistent LTE signals too.  This has only started since I upgrade to IOS 7.  I would love to know if there was a quick fix.

Other minor issues I have had since going to IOS 7 are:

-Poor battery life, as compared to when I was running on IOS 6.

-My contacts disappeared for roughly 2-3 hours the other day, and then they magically reappeared the next morning.  I did not do anything to get the contacts back, they just reappeared.  Weird.

-For the better part of one day my phone was stuck in headphone mode (without there being any AUX/headphones plugged in), so I could not get sound through the speaker for music, YouTube, etc.  The exception was for phone calls.  It did allow me to use speakerphone and the ringtones would be audible.  As with the contacts issues, my phone fixed the glitch overnight by itself, but it is concerning because I feel like it could easily happen again.

Journeyman

"My iphone 5, running 7.0.2, constantly shows it is only connected to the 1x service, as opposed to 3G or LTE for data and the 1x for voice. I am in an area that always has 3G available, and usually gets pretty consistent LTE signals too.  This has only started since I upgrade to IOS 7."

That's exactly what's happening in my area, except it started this morning when I upgraded to iOS 7.0.2.

Journeyman

Called sprint and they fixed it this morning.

Journeyman

Any details on what they did?  I called Sprint this morning, but after more than 30 minutes I still don't have this fixed.  No 3G.

Journeyman

They had me restart the phone and once is was rebooted he had done something on his end to have my LTE signal come back. As for 3G, I've (so far) never had to use it.

yostman1759

Thank you for reaching out to us.

When you called in this morning, were you instructed to perform any troubleshooting steps. If so, are you able to tell me what was done?

Also, is the data the only service being affected, or are there others? Please let me know, I want to see you fully functional again.

Zena

Social Care Team

Journeyman

Same data issue here. Started immediately after the upgrade to 7.0.2. I called sprint yesterday and they had me call ##CLEAR#, reset the phone a few times, turn data on and off, but nothing fixed it. They then told me it was a known Apple issue and to call them for a timeline on a fix. I called Apple but they acted like they had no idea what I was talking about and then the call dropped.

Journeyman

I'm having the same problem after the 7.0.2 update. No data and phone keep switching between 1x and 3G

Journeyman

I have done quite a bit - reset network settings, ##clear#, ##update#, asked Sprint to reset the signal to my phone.

On with sprint three different times on the phone and once with Apple.

I finally completely erased all settings and content and went back to the original factory settings... still didn't work.  It continues to toggle between 3G and 1x but mostly staying at 1x.

This only started after the 7.0.2 update.

Journeyman

Great so a factory reset didn't work? That is what Apple and Sprint are telling me to do after having tried all the other mentioned options. Funny thing is that when near my AiRave when wifi is off, I can use the data. Clearly seems to be that the Sprint technology is cannot handle the Apple software.

Journeyman

I've been having the same issue.  I've been hearing that it is not only a Sprint issue, but this happens on Verizon too.

Apple needs to address this with an update and Sprint needs to force the issue.  See my post: Re: After IOS7 Upgrade

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat