Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No visual voice mail

Highlighted
Journeyman

No visual voice mail

Anyone else have this problem?  Hours on phone with tech support, we reset everything, no visual voice mail.  No indication on phone that I have voice mail!

Arghghgh.

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here! They've resetted the VM on their end. We've hard reset the phone, reset network settings, erased all contents on the phone.

My visual voicemail screen works  but I too am not receiving notifications of incoming voicemail nor do I see previous voicemails from my ip4S. This is frustrating to know that I'm not receiving any notification (unless I dial 1). I didn't even realize this was a problem until my friend told me he left me a few voicemails the other night...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Very aggravating, isn't it!  I'm going to try at the Sprint store to see if they can work any magic.  Keep your fingers crossed, but I don't have much hope.  I think we might have to wait for a bug fix from Apple.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint store says check with Apple.

No resolution!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I called my iPhone, listened to a generic "not available" message and then left a message. No notification. Then I went to the voicemail tab in my phone and was asked to set a password and customize my outgoing message. My initial voicemail was in the list. After doing that I called my iPhone from the home phone again. After listening to my personalized message I left another voicemail. This time my iPhone notified me of the voicemail and missed call and visual voicemail worked fine. I could see both messages and choose between them.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm so glad it is working for you.  Do you have the iphone 5?  Those steps do not work for me.

No resolution.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same problem as you. Tech services were not able to help me. I went to the sprint store and they almost got it fixed. I started getting messages and then the problem returned. Did you activate your voicemail right away or did you wait a day? What was your previous phone before this? What sprint plan are you currently on?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Had the same issue, even had a Sprint rep say call Apple. Do not do this Apple cant help its a carrier issue. Just call back and get someone else, another sprint rep even said "Dear God why are they telling people that."

Sprint may need to reset your voicemail. It worked for me last night while the guy was on the phone and then this morning it stopped again.

Along with all these other complaints of poor data I suspect it is Sprints network not the iPhone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is weird. My visual voicemail is "set up" but still nothing. However I did see that if I try to set a personal message or reset my voicemail pass word on the phone it doesn't work and just says VM is not available. If i do this through holding 1 and calling my VM box I can easily make these changes. I've spoke with 2 reps so far and the first one told me to call another rep and they can simply just turn on my visual VM but when I spoke with the second rep he said it was already on.

I've been looking around and it looks like this issue has happen before on other carriers. Not sure if it's just the carrier or if there's some bug with the phone?

Next time you guys call request them to put in a ticket. That way they can see it's an issue with more than just one person. I love my IP5 but it's just annoying knowing i won't receive notifcations.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is my first iPhone and my first phone with Sprint.  I need the voice mail, so I tried to set it up the day after I got the phone.  I am able to set it up by calling the voice mail directly (pressing 1 on my iPhone keypad) and it works,  The only problem is that I cannot see on the phone that I have any voice mail.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mines working now!!! (For now. I've read people get theirs fixed but it'll return to how it is). I called tech again and he forced an update to my Phone ##update# and he said he was going to call and try to leave a msg. While he was gettin ready to call I closed the phone app. The phone loses sprint signal. Comes back and messages popped in my visual voicemail!!

Will post if I find anything new. But so far so good

Highlighted
Journeyman

Good news! They were able to fix my problem. They were able to update my phone. My previous phone did not have visual voicemail and my account still thought I didn't have visual voicemail. So tech support was able to resolve that issue. Then I went to the sprint store and had my SIM card replaced. For now, my phone is working like new! We will see how long this will last. I'm very happy with tech support and the sprint store tech for helping me resolve this issue!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat