cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One year into two year Sprint contract-iPhone 5 preorder?

12 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: One year into two year Sprint contract-iPhone 5 preorder?

The disappointing thing is, when you trade in a phone, only 50% of that value can go toward a new device. The rest can only be applied to accessories.

Wizard

Weslo89 wrote:

@NY13 AT&T lets you upgrade to the new iPhone every year. I did it every single year since the original iphone in 2007 up until the 4S came out (I switched to Sprint when the 4S came out)

Not any more. No carrier allows you to upgrade every year. The first year goes to pay for the phone subsidy and the second year is profit. That's how it works.

Journeyman

@NY13 AT&T lets you upgrade to the new iPhone every year. I did it every single year since the original iphone in 2007 up until the 4S came out (I switched to Sprint when the 4S came out)

Journeyman

Swebellah you can go to any carrier and they will not allow you to upgrade at discounted prices whenever you want to.  If there was such a carrier they would be bankrupt very soon. If you want Iphone 5 you have to get it at full price.  You can sell your 4s for 400 in craigslist and pay 200 more to get your I5 thats another idea for you.

Wizard

swbellah714,

I'll be glad to review your account and the options you have for your upgrade.  In order to do so, I'll need you to private message me some information (such as your phone number, first and last name and your security pin or answer to the security question on your account).

To send a private message:

1.  Click on my name (Below my picture)

2.  Select Send a private message (Under Actions on the far right)

Under most circumstances, an upgrade offer is available every 22 months.  That being said, we do have buyback options available for all devices as well.  That way, even if you're not available for an upgrade, you can recover some of your money back when purchasing the iPhone 5.  As of today, we are currently offering $213 for the 16 GB iPhone 4S in black.  You can click on the hyperlink above if that is not the device that you have to retrieve the actual value of the device you currently own. 

I look forward to hearing from you so I can further assist you with a resolution.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support
Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Journeyman

Ask for early upgrade, I got charge 125 so only paid the 125 but I get the iPhone 5. @199.....I had just purchase the iPhone 4S when it came out last year. Best buy would buy your phone back plus give you an extra $25 on a gift card. I got 245 iPhone 4S 16gb white +25=270-220 iPhone 5=50 gift card remaining but the $125 for the upgrade fee will be charged on the sprint bill......

Journeyman

[@ROBERTNEM] Dude. All of the terms and conditions are spelled out explicitly when you sign on. If those are unacceptable, the time to vote with your dollar is before you pull the trigger, not a year into your contract. Look at it this way, the iPhone 5s will be out this time next year. You can upgrade then, and if you ride out the contract, you can even switch to another carrier with terms you like better.

Journeyman

You are allowed to buy out your contract.  That's what the ETF is.  It's a prorated amount based on how much time you have left on your contract.

Journeyman

I have heard of the upgrade now program. I don't know who is eligilbe or not, but if you are for a fee $50 to 170$ you could upgrade now and get the discount price of $199 and trade in the iPhone 4s for $250 which by my math would be 170+199-250=$119 you would pay for the iPhone 5. I have activated my upgrade now option for 50 but it takes a little time from what I am told (24 to 48 hours). I am eligible because my contract is up within 4 months I am not sure how close you have to be to have that option.

All you have to do is call them up and ask if you are eligible and if you are you will be paying less than the rest of us!

Good Luck

Journeyman

What about those of us who would like to get the new phone now and extend our curent contracts out another two years.  Preorder now for a 3 year commit total, new plus existing?   or How about letting users buy out their contract so sprint sees the money upfront?   All of these things sprint wont allow you to do.  Wich I dont understand why.  Sprint is getting their money in the end.  Especally with a contract buyout.   They wont allow any of us who switched to sprint last year for the 4S to buyout the contract.   That is wrong!    Between this, the horrible service I have gotten the past 4 months of vision upgrades,  I am just waiting for a material change in contract so I can stick sprint with their ETF fees.   I am very upset at sprint and their lackluster of an effort.   Sprint ultimalty forgets who pays thier bills at the end of the day and who they are here to serve.