cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not ringing

Highlighted
Journeyman

Phone not ringing

I have an iphone 5 that I have been using for about a month.

I have had several people complain to me that I do not answer my phone.

The last straw was when the school nurse was unable to get through to me when my diabetic daughter had a problem at school.

Here is what I have found.

Mute not on, Volume Full on, Do not disturb not on.

I have the phone sitting on my desk at my office.

Signal strength is 3 to 4 bars.

I call the phone from my office phone and hear it ringing on the office phone but iphone not ringing.

Then after I here 3 to 5 rings on my office phone the iphone my start ringing.

Several times it rang right after the first ring.

Several times it never rang and just went to voice mail.

On 1 attempt I heard my voice mail greeting on my office phone and left a voicemail but it never showed up on my iphone.

I am not the only person having this problem.  If you look at the web there are thousands of posts.

Does anybody have a solution? It seems like the common denominator is the iphone.  I see the problem on Verizon, AT&T and Sprint forums.

Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

Mine has done this too!  Not always, but occassionally.  If I turn it off and then back on, it seems to work for awhile.  But, I shouldn't have to do that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mine does that on occasion.  Sometimes it doesn't ring then I get a voicemail alert.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My iphone6 started doing this several months ago. Same issue. It has been very problematic with several important calls missed. It happen 1 in 8 times or so.
Highlighted

Highlighted
Journeyman

My iphone6 started doing this several months ago. Same issue. It has been very problematic with several important calls missed. It happen 1 in 8 times or so.
Highlighted

Tlindabury

We do understand how important having reliable service is. We'd like to confirm, does the phone display the missed calls? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? If yes, which one have you tried so far?

We'll be awaiting for your response, in order to further assist you with this concern.

Ciara

Sprint Social Care

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat