Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Ordering the iPhone 5

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Pre-Ordering the iPhone 5

So now that it has been announced, does Sprint have any idea when they will allow pre-orders for the device? My account type doesn't link into Apple's and it says I need to do it through Sprint diretly. I called Sprint and they are completely clueless about the device, insisting that it hasn't been announced yet (and that they didn't have the internet to go to Apple.com and see)

Will we be able to Pre-Order from Sprint on Friday?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

sprint will be offering pre-order sales for the I-Phone 5 at 12:01 AM on Sept. 14th on their web site

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Journeyman

I just called in a few times to speak to a few reps...they insist on checking back to the sprint website tomorrow. But seeing how we are able to pre order for att,sprint and verizon on the 9/14 through Apple, you would only have to call back in to sprint to activate your phone once received. Or you could also call apple at 1-800-my-apple

Highlighted
Journeyman

My problem is that the Apple site can't access my account type, and it referred me to speak to Sprint. True this was only for the eligiblity check, but if it can't access it for that, I'm concerned it won't be able to access it for my order either.

I'm also adding a new line, and Apple's site couldn't do that for Sprint either, you had to go through Sprint's site. Apple's site could only process same line upgrades for Sprint (for the 4S anyway).

Those are the questions I have that Sprint has no idea about. Regardless of the fact the phone was announced today, these are questions they should have at least some idea of an answer to as they have nothing to do with the iPhone 5 specs itself.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I understand now...I've only seen this happen in line transfers or corporate phone accounts. So you definitely need Sprints assistance with this. And I'm 100% positive that all carriers are going to release their pre orders this Friday. They'll still want revenue from it, so they would all be very foolish not to have pre orders on the same day. Especially seeing how this would be a massive opportunity to add additional lines to Sprints Network. Hint Hint...meaning you should have an answer to your question by tomorrow if they values everyone's business...

Highlighted
Journeyman

sprint will be offering pre-order sales for the I-Phone 5 at 12:01 AM on Sept. 14th on their web site

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Master

JHyatte is correct  pre-orders will be accepted on Friday

http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=2384

Highlighted
Journeyman

Excellent!

For anyone else who wants to read about it, the press release is here:

http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=2384

Highlighted
Journeyman

will I be able to preorder the iphone outright tonight, or will sprint only adhere to people eligible for their upgrades or add-a-lines?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just for clarity, that is 12:01 PST or 3:01am EST which I am on.

Highlighted
Journeyman

We can purchase our phones EST@ 12:01 AM, CST@ 2:01 AM, PST @ 3:01AM...and if you check under the phone sections it also gives the instructions for pre order when adding a second line...Hope this helps!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can you provide a link to that info on pre-ordering for a 2nd line? I can't seem to find it, and  assume I'm looking in the wrong place.

Thanks!!!

PS - your timezones are backwards. When its 3am in PST, its 6am in EST. So it should read 12:01PST, 2:01CST and 3:01EST

Message was edited by: DJFriar2005 - added Timezone info

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am no expert on time zones lol...this was the information that I received from the csr rep from calling in a few moment ago. As far as the pre order instructions. I just went under the phones tab, clicked the phone that I wanted and there's a link for pre order instructions. From what I understand you must pre order your first,close out then start the activation for the second phone...

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat