cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM failure iPhone5

SOLVED
Journeyman

SIM failure iPhone5

I got a SIM Failure message today. I tried to power cycle the phone and the problem went away for about 10 minutes and then came back. I have also tried to reset network settings and also to reset all settings but the error still persists. I've searched the forums and saw that people were experiencing similar issues with the iOS 6.0.1 update. I'm running iOS 6.1.4 and have never had these issues before. Does anyone have any advice?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: SIM failure iPhone5

I would take it into an apple store or a sprint tech center and have the sim looked at, maybe even have it replaced.

Journeyman

Dmitriy_K,

Thank you for posting. SALSA1201AB is correct. Please take it to a Sprint repair store or a Apple store. Have them replace the sim to see if it's the sim card or your software. Please keep us updated on what the outcome is. Thanks.

Thank you,

April

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for your help SALSA1201AB. I took my phone to the Sprint store over the weekend and after a bit of arguing and convincing, they reluctantly agreed to exchange my SIM card and that solved the problem.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.