cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STOLEN PHONE

Highlighted
Journeyman

STOLEN PHONE

my phone was stolen around October and someone tried to activate it yesterday at the sprint store, the sales rep called me and told me that if i wanted to pay the lady who walked in with MY STOLEN phone 150 to compensate what she purchased it for off of craigslist, was i wrong to not agree ? and they offered me a 220.00 credit, i just wanted my phone back especially since it has all my babies pictures and all my personal information. Anywho, they let the lady walk out with my phone knowing that it was stolen and told me they weren't going to hold her down. I am so upset and confused at whats sprints protocol to do in a situation.

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: STOLEN PHONE

ruiz482,

This is not good to hear. I'm assuming the device has lost/stolen restriction active and that is why the store contacted you. Unfortunately we aren't able to force someone to give up a device that they walked in the store with.  However with the restriction active, they won't be able to activate without you taking the restriction off. The device is basically useless to them at this point.

I understand how important those baby pictures are to you. Were you able to back these up on your computer before the device was stolen? Do you have any information on the store that contacted you? I would be happy to pass on any feedback you may have. Keep us posted.

Regards,
Duane
Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

What ever happened to the law about receiving stolen property? The woman with the phone surely has the name/telephone number from whom she bought it from & shame on the store who should have called the police. Whether the rightful owner backed up her pic/info is irrelevant. If this had been someone who tried to get insurance on a stolen vehicle, I'm sure this story would have ended differently.

Journeyman

Wow!  Sprint doesn't notify the police when stolen property is brought into the store? 

Every thief will say they "bought" the phone.

In my case the guy that "bought" the device tried to return the device for what he "paid."

He was arrested in a sting and confessed to being the thief.

I got my device back and he's in jail.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat