cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So when is an update to IOS 6 coming to many issues with current OS

Highlighted
Journeyman

So when is an update to IOS 6 coming to many issues with current OS

So yeah Iphone 5 Os needs to be updated to fix the several stupid issues like sms failure and the data issue:!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: So when is an update to IOS 6 coming to many issues with current OS

sprintajh,

I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your iPhone 5.  If your issue is specifically with data signal, a known issue fix has been dispatched for this device.  The steps are similar to the ones you’ve already followed, with one important exception (leaving the phone off for 30 minutes prior to activation).  Note, to protect your information, please ensure you have backed up the content of your device prior to performing the below steps.

Please follow the below steps:

1. Select Settings>General>Reset>Erase all Content and Settings
  1. Once the phone reboots before you walk through activation, power the phone off for 30 minutes
  2. After 30 minutes, power the device up and walk through standard activation process
  1. If given the voice between carriers, be sure to select Sprint as your option

If these steps have already been followed exactly as written and you still are experiencing issues, you will need to contact Apple to ensure your activation policy is correct on their end.  The phone number to Apple support is 800-694-7466.  Please keep me updated with the results.  I know this is able to resolve most of my customer’s issues with their devices.

Sincerely

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok thank you i will try this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

fergie b i tried this and continue to have the sms issue.

Highlighted
Wizard

sprintajh,

Thank you for sending me this information.  I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing issues with SMS on your iPhone.  If this was not able to resolve your issue, I will need some information sent to me via private message so we can track your issue.

To Send a Private Message:

1.  Click on my picture (Below my name)

2.  Select Send a private message (Under Actions on the far right)

Form

Your phone number :

And a list of numbers on the account with the same issue

Your first and last name:

An alternate contact number:

An email address:

The approximate date and time your issue began:

Your physical address:

A brief description of your issue including any error messages if any:

A list of all services effected in addition to this issue :

(Voice, data and text)

Do you have an Airave at your location? :

All troubleshooting steps that have been previously performed:

Examples and times of issue :

For instance, attempted to text phone number XXX-XXX-XXXX on 10/23/2012 at 11am and received the following results: duplicate messages, failed message, error message

Once I have this information, this should help me to get started with reporting your issue.  Note, please only send this information to me via private message to protect your personal information.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Highlighted
Journeyman

So fergie, the tech department contacted me and kinda just told me i have to wait it till there are more LTE towers in my area so that when switching from 3g LTE would be quick on the phone and i wont get an sms failed when sending a msg , so they told me the best option is to turn off the LTE which is a downer because that is what the iphone 5 is mainly about.

Highlighted
Wizard

sprintajh wrote:

So fergie, the tech department contacted me and kinda just told me i have to wait it till there are more LTE towers in my area so that when switching from 3g LTE would be quick on the phone and i wont get an sms failed when sending a msg , so they told me the best option is to turn off the LTE which is a downer because that is what the iphone 5 is mainly about.

If you have a weak LTE signal, it would make sense that this would temporarily resolve your issue.  If your signal drops frequently, it can effect the overall functionality of your device.  For instance, with my Evo 3D if I'm in a weak 4G area and my 4G antennae is on, I frequently drop both 4G and 3G connection as it drops between the two.  I'm sorry this was the resolution for you.  The good news is, there are many fantastic features of the iPhone 5 that have nothing to do with 4G LTE.    Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

incerely, 

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat