Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry to say, but I think it's time to leave....

Patron

Sorry to say, but I think it's time to leave....

I was so happy to get an iPhone 5 and thought I could wait a few months for LTE to start rolling into Raleigh; I was wrong.  I work in downtown Raleigh and have been get the following error message this morning. It takes forever to use Facebook, Safari, etc.  It's not even registering 3G service, from what I can tell.  What the point of unlimited data if you are unable to access it?  I shouldn't have to be locked down to WiFi and Airave connections.  I'm not even upset, because I kinda expected it...just didn't think it would this bad.  I think it's partly the phone too, because my Epic 4G wasn't like this.

photo.PNG

25 REPLIES 25
Patron

I get the following error when trying to update the data profile:

photo(1).PNG

I even went down the street a few blocks to see if thing would improve. 

Journeyman

Mine is very slow too.. I dont get that error but i do get that lil o next to sprint all the time if not that it says extended o .. Its so annoying ..Did you go to an Apple store if so what did they say or sprint ? I have an appt with apple on wed i will let you know what they say ..

Patron

I haven't spoken to anyone about it, besides this forum.  I don't think there is much  Sprint/Apple can really do about it.  I'm able to jump on WiFi and calls/texts seem to be coming through.  I am located at the center of this map, so I should be getting good coverage right now. 

map.png

Journeyman

The tower for mine is just about 7 blocks from my house or so.. Im at work and its working pretty good but whenim home it slows down ..

Journeyman

I'm having the same issue.  Any idea what this is? We're on the third phone........our other phone works perfectly.

Journeyman

I had the exact same thoughts as you. I knew their 3g speeds are slow from iPhone 4s experience. Thought I can live with the slow speed while waiting for LTE but the speeds are not just slow (took a minute to load google.com), it also freezes and constantly stucks loading websites and then 3G changes to 0 and connection goes off and reconnecting.

Sprint 3G 9.24.2012.PNG

Patron

Today seems to be a little bit better.  Sprint 3G seems to be steady vs yesterday where I rarely picked it up.  The speedtests are at .44Mbps, .53Mbps, and .37Mbps.  The ping times are in the 1000's though.  I did bring the box and everything with me today, in case I decide to return it.  I've never had a problem with Sprint, but I hate paying the extra $10 ($20 if my wife gets a smartphone) for a service that is not being used.  My old phone rarely touched 4G, because for the longest time, you couldn't have WiFi and 4G turned on at the same time.  4G was spotty at best, so it's more beneficial to keep WiFi turned on.

Reading this article makes me want to stay with them though.

http://www.extremetech.com/mobile/129198-network-vision-sprints-path-to-domination/3

Decisions, decisions...

Wizard

Just a question;  why does everyone stay if Sprint's 3g is so bad and you need a box or airave to boost the signal? Sprint for me has gone down hill fast in the past year. Heading back to at&t where I will save money every month because I'm not a data hog. Good luck everyone who stays.

Patron

I just returned my phone, and going with Verizon.  They charged a $35 restocking fee.  

Journeyman

I wish I could do that...We exchanged our phone twice at the Apple store.   Sprint said once you exchanged it at apple, you're stuck with dealing with them.

Journeyman

Service update fails. visual voicemail doesnt work. And I always get the circle instead of 3G.

I may return as well. Sprint could have had a winner with iPhone 5 this whole lack of service may be their nail in the coffin.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat