Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint's iPhone 5 Unlock Policy

131 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Sprint's iPhone 5 Unlock Policy

KPP2003 wrote:

I have paid all my 24 bills on time. How do I unlock my I5?

You don't.

At least for any carrier in the United States that is. Sprint won't let you. Rather, Sprint will tell you they can't unlock it, but the truth is that Sprint makes Apple make it so the phone cannot be unlocked domestically - then Sprint turns around and tells you they can't.

Master

KPP2003 - Thank you for reaching out to us. Are you unlocking your device for international use? Keep us posted. - Latonya
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have paid all my 24 bills on time. How do I unlock my I5?

Master

windycityboy, That doesn't sound right. What makes you feel this way? I'm here to help. - Andrea
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Guys, maybe we should file a lawsuit against Sprint since they try to hold our properties as hostages !

Journeyman

i called sprint and they told me  that I don't know who I spoke with but they told me it was possible once out of contract just keep calling and asking , one rep already has it marked on my profile to unlock my iphone once out of contract so I don't have to deal with any issues but I think she put it on their I don't recall but I was told they should unlock it cause their policy changed just keep calling

Journeyman

I have contacted 4 regular reps and 5 international reps. They all tell me that under no circumstances will they unlock for domestic use. I would love to know who you spoke with. I am in no way doubting your info. I just don't know how to get the right person.

Journeyman

HI EVERYONE I HAVE SOME GREAT NEWS FOR YOU GUYS.

I DONT REALLY WANT TO TYPE THE WHOLE THING BUT THIS IS WHAT I WAS TOLD BY SPRINT CLICK ON THE LINK AND READ IT.

GREAT NEWS FOR SPRINT IPHONE 5...: Apple Support Communities

Journeyman

P.S. I have never had any major problems with Sprint Customer Service and I also have never had any major problems getting 4G LTE here in Zip Code 60102, and really don't understand what all you guys are complaining about. The only place that I go to where the signal sometimes drops to 3G is Zip Code 60172, and Sprint has confirm it is still 3G there.

Journeyman

Sprint's IPhone 5 Unlock Policy is they will Unlock it for International Travel Only and you must be at least 3 month's into your 2 Year Contract, and you must NOT be in their Spending Limit program either. If you want to sell your IPhone 5, you should send it into Sprint's Buy Back Program. I recently got $245 U.S.A. Dollars for my Sprint IPhone 5!